The Funeral

Ginny

It was time.

I was getting ready for Fred's funeral and it will be the hardest thing of my life.

As I got ready in my knee length half flowy half tight black dress with my black flats and obviously waterproof makeup since there would be crying, I had tears already falling down my face.

I didn't hear anyone knock or open my door as I stared at myself in the mirror crying.

Only when I felt arms wrap around my waist and somebody put their chin on my shoulder did I realize I wasn't the only one in the room. I looked up to see Harry with a sad smile on his face looking at me.

I closed my eyes and savored this moment of peace and relaxation, as i leaned back against him.

I turned around and hugged him tightly and I started to cry on his shoulder.

I pulled my head away as I looked at him. He was wearing black dress pants and a white button up shirt with a black tie. He still had his messy black hair and crooked glasses with, this time, a sad smile as he looked down at me.

He wiped away the tears on my face as he leaned down to kiss me. We had a sweet, loving kiss for about 5 minutes until we pulled away.

"Are you ready, love?" He asked lovingly.

"No" I replied quietly.

"It's gonna be okay, Gin. I'll be with you the whole time of you want me to."

"Please do" i said sadly.

He grabbed my hand and we interlocked fingers. We went downstairs where the rest of the Weasley's were getting ready to apparate there.

We all grabbed hands and apparated to the cemetery where Fred was being buried. We all started to walk as I slowly started to stop.

Harry came over looking concerned.

"Come on, love, it will be alright. He wouldn't want you I act like this. He'd want you to be happy"

"I know, but it's just so hard" I said with tears falling down my face rapidly.

He wiped them away and cupped my cheek pulling me into a kiss.

After we pulled away I felt better. Like enough to at least to walk to where the funeral would be held.

Once we arrived I was thankful that it wasn't an open coffin. I don't think I would be able to look at his lifeless body.

I went over to his coffin and kissed it good bye.

As Harry went over to say his goodbyes I said a prayer and stuff in my head and talked to Fred.

Hey Freddie. It's me Gin. It's so hard to believe you are actually gone after knowing you would always be there to protect me and to make me laugh. It's been hard on all of us, especially George. The Burrow hasn't been the same without you. I love you Fred. I miss you so much. I'll see you in the other life.

By the time Harry got back I had tears streaming down my face. I couldn't do this anymore.

Harry took my hand and we decided to go for a little walk around. The I don't know where we were headed, but we just walked around.

Eventually we found a tree and decided to sit there. Me inbetween his legs and him leaning against the tree. We sat there in a comfortable silence for about 10 minutes. All of a sudden Harry broke the silence.

"Are you alright love?"

"No. I am far from alright" the tears already welling up in my eyes.

"Don't worry. Everything. Is gonna be alright" Harry wrapped his arms around me tightly making me feel loved, wanted and safe.

"I don't know if it ever will be okay Harry" the tears that threatened to fall started to fall no matter how much I tried.

"Ginny- Fred wouldn't want you to act like this"

"But- Har-" I started to flat out cry.

I cried for Fred. I cried for Remus and Tonks. I cried for Lavender and Colin. I cried for my best friend Cameron. I cried for everyone lost in the war. I couldn't handle it anymore.

Harry hugged me tightly, whispering comforting words into my ear, kissing my temple and head every once in a while but I kept crying.

Eventually when I stopped I just looked Harry in the eye. We stared at each other for Merlin knows how long until I couldn't take it anymore. I kissed him.

It was a sweet tender kiss that was just their to help me. We broke apart after what felt like hours which what was actually a couple minutes.

"I love you Gin"

"I love you too Har"

We stood up and proceeded to walk back to the funeral hand in hand, me feeling a little bit better than when I came.

I knew everything, was gonna be alright as long as I had Harry by my side.

The End...

Boom! First actual one shot for the book. I am actually kinda proud of this one so thanks for everything. I wanted to thank you all for the reads on all my books especially after the war. I can't believe it's almost at 2k reads. It feels like yesterday I started wattpad and started to write it and read fanfiction. Now I'm just rambling. Sorry. Anyway thank you for everything and I love you all.

Author protector out.

-hinny33