Chapter 7

~~~Mehndi~~~

We decided to do the mehndi separate so we book one hall and the grooms side booked another.

All the girls were wearing mehndi
Personally I don't like mehndi but it's my sisters wedding so I decided to put it on.

In the other hall Azeem was getting bored all his friends were there but he was missing Zara very much so I decided to go and if everything was ok.
Me, Armaan, Sophie and Saif went as there.

When we entered the hall the dhol started playing and azeem's friends started dancing, it was quite awkward for me and Sophie because we were the only girls there. Azeem's mother, aunts and cousins were there before but went to see zara.

Azeem's was so happy to see us
I went beside him and i fed him mithai(sweets), put some oil in his hair, dollop of henna on his hands and then I got the haldi(turmeric paste) and put it all over his face.

Armaan was going to azeem's revenge from me so he ran after me it was like a cat and mouse chase on the stage when suddenly my foot slipped and I fell but someone caught me!
It wasn't Armaan and it wasn't Saif it was someone else. Armaan came and asked me if I am ok then went to get me some water.

Azeem told me to sit beside him
I thought I was in trouble, he then said come closer I have to tell you something and I went he grabbed a hand full of haldi(turmeric paste) and put it all of my face and Armaan came and stuffed my face with gulab jamens. I said jeejo this is not fair I knew you were missing Zara bhaji so I secretly took some pictures of her and came to show you but now I wouldn't show it to you.

Saif said,"Come on aliyah show him it he will end up crying".

Azeem's jeejo said," Aliyah show me please your my favourite sis-in-law come on".

Then an idea popped into my mind
I said, I won't show you until you dance.

Azeem said,"Me and Dance?! What should I dance to?

I said, "Hmm ok if you can't dance then do some Bhangra".

Dhol started and I won't help it but I ended up doing Bhangra ooooooyeeee balle balle Shava Shava !! Everyone joined in.

Armaan's phone started ringing it was my mum she was asking why I wasn't answering my phone I realised I had my phone on silents and she was telling us all to come. So I quickly showed Azeem the photos and took some picture with him and went back to the other hall.

I went back to Zara and showed her all the pictures we took and she asked me aliyah why do you have haldi on your face I told her that Azeem jeejo did it and told her about everything we did she couldn't stop laughing she was like Aliyah you will never change silly girl but like I never want you to change always stay this way.

~~We had a sister moment~~

I then went to the bathroom and washed my face and went outside for fresh air I saw Faryal outside she was crying I asked her what was wrong? And she said I will miss Zara so much in a few days she will be going to her own home. I hugged Faryal and said I know I miss her too it started to rain so we went back in.

The mehndi was over.