22

The darkness suddenly faded into blinding lights, my eyes dilating into pin points, the hues of my iris shining against the nothingness that lay before me.

My head turned and saw the blank foreground.

"What on Earth?"

"This isn't Earth, Phil." A voice chuckled from afar and my head spun.

I raised myself on my elbows and held my head in one hand, the pain striking through so suddenly it caused me to groan as I rolled to the side, head still in hand.

I clenched my jaw and shut my eyes as the light got brighter, I shielded my eyes with my arm and raised the other.

"Please stop, it hurts."

I felt the warm rays come closer, causing my body to curl up even more to protect myself until with the tap of a finger against my forehead, the pain disappeared.

I opened my eyes to find that nothing was amongst me, only a faint chuckling to be heard.

"Who's there?"

The bright light dispersed and revealed something different.

"Dan?"

The figure giggled.

"Hello."

I rubbed my eyes, shapes floating around the dark space behind my eyes before uncovering them again to reveal that it was certainly Dan standing before me.

"Oh my, it's really you!" I ran to him, engulfing him into an embrace, his warmth pressing onto my cold skin, his sweet scent blanketing itself over me.

"Phil, you can't be here right now." He said after we detached ourselves.

"What?"

And he disappeared, a wall forming amongst me before free falling back into the darkness.

"He's fucking dead isn't he, shit."

"No pulse, not a single heartbeat."

"He's turning blue."

A gasp left my lips as I breathed in for air.

The cold coursed through my veins before I felt the life flowing back into me.

I felt around my face to feel my icy touch trace along my jaw.

"What happened?" I asked before they laid me down onto the ground once more, hushing me and telling me to close my eyes.

Pearce sighed.

"You died, you were brain dead for several minutes now."

"What??"