Chapter Fifteen: Sunrise

Elena's POV

The car ride to Niall's was tensely silent. James gripped the steering wheel so hard I feared it would crack, while Harry simply studied his shoes.

As we pulled up to another apartment complex, also expensive looking, the glass penthouse at the top was blasting with music and lights.

"Niall really put himself out there, huh?" I laughed nervously. James gave me a wry smile and helped me out of the car while Harry started inside. James slipped an arm around my waist, but all that was on my mind was Harry.

"Why do you keep thinking about Harry?" James whined in my ear as we ascended the stairs to the penthouse.

I gave him a chaste kiss to reassure his doubts. "Sorry."

James seemed content enough, and pounded on the door. Niall excitedly opened it, a wide, braced smile stretched across his face.

His baby blue polo matched my skirt and made his wide blue eyes pop out. "Elena, we match!" He yelled, wrapping me in a warm hug that smelled of beer.

"Niall, are you drunk?" I chuckled, disentangling myself from the younger boy. "You're not even legal, you dork."

"I'm not drunk, not yet," Niall insisted. "And here in my household, anything's legal," his voice went low as he puffed out his chest in pride.

"Hey, bro! Who's this?" An older guy, with dark hair and Niall's eyes, came up to us and clapped him on the back.

"We're friends of Niall's," James said. "You are?"

Niall hunched down. "That's.. my older brother."

"Yeah, your household, right?" James chuckled, giving the blushing blonde Irish boy a one-armed hug. "Harry and James Styles," he said, shaking hands with the guy.

"Greg Horan. Welcome to my pent, don't break anything and no sex in my room," Greg said, probably for the millionth time tonight.

"Will do," I bit back a giggle as Niall led us inside.

Scantily clad bodies swamped the penthouse, drinking, talking, dancing. I spotted a couple football players from CP who were Clayton's groupies, including Drew. They waved cheekily and I looked away.

An arm slinked low around my hips and James' front pressed flush to my back. He dipped his head into my neck, his curls tickling my ear as his lips nipped along my throat. My eyes closed with the sensation.

"J-James," I stuttered. "We're in public."

"Then let's get out of public," James whispered throatily as his lips brushed just below my ear.

I shrugged him away but held onto one of his hands. "Greg said no sex in the rooms," I joked, trying to lighten his hormonal mood.

It worked, and an easy smile spread across his face as he tapped my nose. "Correction: he said his room. I'm sure there are plenty of other rooms in this flat."

"Don't think so," I taunted him, slipping into the crowd.

<><><>

Harry's POV

I had my third Stella Artois in my hand, my elbow resting on the grand piano, and a hard expression on my face. I wasn't having fun.

Girls had tried flirting with me, but eventually walked away, bored with my one-word answers and obvious disinterest.

Sighing, I checked the time. It had barely been an hour and a half, and I wasn't even drunk. That was unlike me. We'd never been invited to parties here on Earth before, but in the Fifth Realm, we were a big hit. It was never a party without the Styles brothers.