Its just not enough

Toni walked into mr Chows as she noticed Babyface. Taking a deep breathe as she walked up to his table.

Babyface looked up. Gasping as he looked at beauty. He smiled getting up as he pulled her chair out for her. Walking back to his side as he took his seat starring at her.

"I thought you weren't gonna come."

"That was a thought." Toni skeptically said avoiding any of his gazes.

"Okay than." Babyface looked down grabbing his menu. He would take slow and small glances here and there at Toni. "You look beautiful by the way." He smiled.

Toni not once looked up. "I know." She said with no type of emotion or feeling.

Babyface nodded his head. "Can I explain myself. Because you look pissed, hurt, in pain."

Toni looked up banging her menu onto the table. "Maybe because I am." Toni breathed. "You have 5 minutes, and if I don't find anything that you say trustworthy am leaving."

"That day you fell down the stairs. The hospital everything happened so quick. I left your house because I wanted to go strangle Nicole for making Peyton walk all by herself in the rain at night."

"Can I confess something." Babyface looked at Toni chewing on his bottom lip. "I didn't fall. I was pushed. Nicole. Peyton. She told me everything, your daughter is afraid of her own mother. Nicole..." Toni trailed off, swallowing her saliva.

"Nicole what?" Babyface asked.

"Why did you have to leave me all alone. By myself, why did you leave me Ken. I was lost, I wasn't myself. Because the man I loved had left me in a hospital all by myself-"

"Because you told me to leave!" Babyface yelled.

"I didn't really mean leave!" Toni yelled back.

Babyface was confused.

"What I meant was fight for me. Be there for me. When a woman says leave she actually means stay." Toni shook her head. "I knew it was gonna be pointless to come here."

"I didn't really think you wanted me to stay. You sounded so off, afraid of what might happen next."

"I was hurt yes, I was afraid. Of what might happen to you if we went and continued to go on." Toni stopped, and looked at him. "I did love you. But now... I don't know anymore." Toni said everything she had to. Lied. Didn't she?

************

Babyface sat on the edge of the bed it was about 3 in the morning. Nicole was asleep next to him. He thought about Toni, getting up as he walked into his bathroom.

"Fuck!" Throwing a fist at the mirror as it broke.

"Ken!" Nicole shouted. Walking into the bathroom. "What happened?" She asked wiping out her eyes.

"I broke the mirror." He calmly said.

"It's late come back to sleep."

"Am gonna head to the studio am not that tired." He waved her off turning on the shower.

Meanwhile Toni sat up in her bed in deep thought. She got up walking into her bathroom as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Ahhhhhhhh!!!!" She yelled throwing everything off her basin table.

***********

Babyface arrived at the studio. Not really paying attention to anything. He walked into the building taking the elevator up. He opened his door as he took slow calm lazy steps into the recording booth.

"I didn't know you were gonna be here?..."