It all started when I fell...

One moment I was standing, alone, the soft breeze fluttering around me, cooing like a whisper, the hazy sunlight filtering through veil of leaves, masking the cloudless sky.

Then, darkness descended upon me, rushing in from all sides and enveloping me like an intangible blanket. The ground beneath my feet was gone and I plummeted into nothingness. The breeze became a gale, rushing in my ears, whipping my scream from me as soon as it had escaped from my lips.

Falling...

Time seemed to dissipate. All I could hear was the howling of the wind and the thundering of my heart. My head was pounding. My stomach lurched. Fear swooped in upon me.

And then...

The inpenatrable darkness gave way to a dim grey light. My feet hit solid ground and my legs crumpled beneath me as pain shot through them.

What the hell was happening?
Where was I?

My iratic breathing slowed and a mist descended upon my mind. My consciousness was slipping away from me, bit by bit.

But I was moving, floating. I could feel a pair of arms supporting me, strong arms.
I mustered the last of my energy and looked up, but the one glimpse I got of him barely regestered.

My heavy eyelids drooped and I blacked out.