Chapter 8

I wake up earlier than usually the next day and Avery is wrapped tightly in my arms. Guilt is still present from not being here to tuck Avery in and I make a promise to myself and him to never let that happen again.

I eventually get up and I get ready for work. I put on my uniform along with throwing my hair up into a bun. I take Avery to my mom's as usually and I place him on her bed. Before I could walk out, she stops me.

"Where the hell were you?" My mother spits.

"I'm sorry. Zayn took me out to dinner and I lost track of time." I say and her angry facial expression softens.

"Did you have a nice time?"

"It was okay I guess." I mutter.

"Was it... you know a date?" She asks, why does she make me want to slap her all the time?

"No it wasn't mom. Just as friends, actually no not as friends. He came back and told me he wasn't going to leave until I let him take me out for dinner. I had no choice." I snap and she smiles.

"Well it's good for you to get out once in a while, with other guys." She stutters, not sure if I'm going to flip out on her or not.

"I'm not dating again and that's the last time I'm telling you. I'll see you later." I spit before I head to my car to go to work.

The day goes quickly and before I knew it, it was lunch time. I never eat lunch though, mainly because I don't have enough money to pay for food besides for Avery.

"Skylar, someone is here to see you." Evan calls me from the front desk.

I walk up front and I see Zayn talking to Evan. I'm surprised to see him and his eyes meet mine, giving me a smile. Evan says something to Zayn and he gives him a nod before saying goodbye.

"Come on." He says, giving me a small push on the small of my back.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he walks through the store with me.

"I'm taking you out to lunch." He says and I stop in my tracks.

"No I have to work, I need to make money for Avery." I say and Zayn grabs my wrists, pulling me along.

"I talked to Evan and he said it was okay so stop fighting me on it." He says as we reach his car and he opens the door open for me. I sigh and I climb in.

He takes me to a small hoagie parlor and we immediately get our hoagies.

"Thank you." I say and he nods.

"No problem."

"Why are you doing all of this for me? I didn't ask you to."

"Because I wanted to... and I wanted to see you again." He admits and I feel my cheeks become hot. What the hell Skylar? Did you just blush?

"What are you doing on Friday?" He asks me and I shrug.

"Nothing."

"Will you go out with me as friends to a party on Friday?" He asks me.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I say and he frowns.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to drag your drunk ass home again." We both laugh and he shakes his head.

"Come on I promise you will have fun." He swears to me.

"What time will we be leaving and coming back?" I question him.

"We will leave around nine and we probably won't be home until after midnight some time."

"Okay I have to double check if my mom can watch Avery and I have to tuck him in bed." I inform him and he nods.

"So you will then?" He asks with a big smile on his face.

"I didn't say yes or no." I say, smirking at him.
--------------------------------------------
Yes yes, very short.

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days. I'm on vacation and I missed writing so I wrote a little bit. I'll post more on Sunday.

But thank you to all my readers and supporters. I love you all!