Blind Love 11

Blind Love

After spending a lot of the afternoon at the park just enjoying each other's company, Ashley and Brandon head to his house. Inside, they get comfortable on the couch and make idle conversation.

"When is Rachel coming home?" she asks.

Brandon shrugs. "She said she had a date tonight and don't wait up. She knew you'd be here with me anyway."

"Alright. What do you want to do?"

"I don't care. Whatever you do. We can watch a movie if you want," he shrugs.

"No, I don't want to watch something you can't see. That's not fair," Ashley protests.

"All the movies I own I've seen many times. I can still enjoy them. Just like I did in class," he reminds her.

"Oh yeah. You better not give it away if I haven't seen it," she warns.

"No promises," Brandon replies as he grabs her hand and they head to his room. Ashley picks out The Breakfast Club, one of his mother's favorites he used to watch with her. This way they can enjoy it together while relaxing and not giving away the movie.

"I haven't seen this movie in forever!" Ashley exclaims as it starts. "It's so good!"

"Girls. You get excited over the worst movies," Brandon shakes his head.

"Oh, hush. I know you like it, you're just too afraid to admit it. Stupid pride," Ashley tells him.

They lay on his bed and watch/listen to the movie in silence. Ashley watches intently while Brandon closes his eyes and plays with her hair. It's relaxing, and soon they both fall asleep.

***

Rachel comes home from her date with a smile on her face. She had a good time and can't wait to see him again.

Stepping into the living room, she hears the silence and thinks Brandon is asleep. Just to check on him, she walks to his room and cracks the door open. Surprising her, she sees not only Brandon laying asleep, but Ashley as well curled into his side with the credits of a movie playing. Shaking her head, she steps in the room and switches the TV off then pull the blanket over them.

'They're just so cute!' she thinks to herself as she walks to the door and heads to her own room. Ashley definitely has some magic in her sweet personality, and Rachel is glad she used it on her nephew.

***

"Ah!" Ashley says as she sits up in bed the next morning.

"My mom is going to kill me! I forgot to wake up or call her again!"

Brandon stirs beside her and sits up as well. "Man, can't you let me sleep a little later before you wake the world? I'm tired."

"Ugh, I can't believe I fell asleep here again," Ashley sighs flopping back down don the bed. "I swear, you put a spell on me or something. I never fall asleep so easily places. I'm always the last asleep at sleepovers."

"Yep, I've got powers," Brandon nods with his eyes closed.

Ashley slaps his arm. "Wake up! You have to take me on a real date today."

"What?" Brandon turns toward her.

"Yep. You can't call me yours without taking me out. We haven't gone on a date yet!"

"Where do you want to go?" Brandon asks.

"Hmm," Ashley thinks about it. "The zoo!"

"The zoo?" Brandon asks. "That's a kind of strange date."