The Start

Katherine's POV
6:30 am
*Ding!!!!! Ding!!!!!*
"Katharine!! Get your butt up!! We need to head to your aunts house soon!" My mom Mary said to me.
"Ok mom! I'll be ready in a few minutes!" Today is a very important day for me. My aunt KiKi and uncle Mario have season tickets and we get to meet the New York Rangers today. I was extremely excited because I love Mats Zuccarello.
I got myself ready and found my parents waiting by the door for us to head out on the road to my aunt and uncles house. They live 15-20 minutes away so it's not that long of a drive, but it felt like forever to me because all I wanted to do was get to the city!
We got to my aunts house around 7:30 in the morning and had to wait for my other cousins Janie and Samantha to come over since they are coming too.
"Guys are you ready for today?!" Janie asked us all
"You know even though I'm not a huge Rangers fan I have to admit this is pretty exciting!" Samantha commented to Janie.
"Guys I seriously can't wait until we get to the city, I'm already freaking out and I'm not even there yet!" I commented to them.
"Oh believe me we know you can't wait! Pretty sure you're gonna marry that boy!" They both said to me.
"Ok I don't know about marrying him I mean I haven't even met him or know him. I only know what it put out in interviews and Wikipedia."
"Guys come on let's go! You want to have time to walk around and eat don't you?" Aunt KiKi commented to us.
We got to the city around 10 in the morning. There were a couple of stores we decided to check out since we haven't been in the city with a lot of time in a while, then we would head to lunch and then MSG a little later to meet the players! I was beyond excited but I tried not to let it show so I wouldn't tire myself out before game time.
Later on in the night we ended up getting an early dinner since we knew we would be eating at the game and then made our way to Madison Square Garden. By this point I ended up getting super excited barley containing myself seeing as we were all about to meet the New York Rangers and then watch the hockey game!
We made our way in the arena and I had to stop at one point to calm myself down and prepare myself for what I was actually going to witness. Some people get to meet famous people at signings and events like that, and that happened to me before when I met people who play in The Walking Dead, but this doesn't even relate to it on the same playing field.
I have grown up in a hockey family. Mom and dad were both raised New York Rangers fans and that passed on to me. Granted I was able to pick any team I wanted to when I got older, but why would I when I feel in love with this team and organization. They are great people and do great things for charity and people in general.
Once we made it inside the locker room my mom immediately befriended the Rangers coach A.V and even the head trainer and began having conversations with them, while my dad Joseph and uncle Mario chimed in here and there.
That left me my aunt Kiki, Samantha, Janie and I are huddled in a circle figuring out what we could do so it wouldn't seem so awkward for us.
Before we even knew what was happening Derrick Brassard and Mats Zuccarello walked towards us and started up a conversation. It took everything in me to not freak out especially when my cousins and aunt started to walk away leaving me alone with Mats.