Chance

*Your Voice*

Previously on Shattered Hearts.

"Who the hell are you?" I hear Chris say and I turn to face him, a man standing at the doorway.

"Sweetie." My mom says and my mouth drops as I stare at the middle aged man staring back at me.

"Hey lovebug."

I stared. I mean. I didn't know what else to do but stare. He stood there. His short hair brown with grey hairs peeking up. He stared at me. A small smile growing on his face. And yet, I still just stared. No words were coming from my mouth. Because I had nothing to say. There was nothing that I could possibly think of to say, I wasn't prepared. Not even days, months or years could prepare me for this day.

"Babe?" I hear Justin say, one of his arms wrapping around my waist I stared at the guy at my front door. He looked at Justin and smiled, he took a step in and extended his arm out.

"You must be YNs husband. What was it. Chris?" He says and Justin sticks his arm out

"Justin actually." He corrects himself and he nods taking note of that in is head.

"I on the other hand am Chris. YNs best friend." Chris says walking to me and shaking his hand. Someone behind me clearing his throat loudly, probably Cam, coughing and choking. "Oh alright. One of her best friends." He says and Justin snickers and then Chris leans forward "But I'm her favorite." He whispers and he chuckles lightly and nods his head.

"Sweetie? You. You haven't said anything." My mom says and I look away from him and my eyes meet hers.

They were soft, comforting. The way they always are when she's worried about me. The way they always were when I was a little girl crying over the man that now stood in front of me.

"Lovebug?" He says and my eyes dart to him, my eyebrows furrowing together

"You don't get to call me that." I say sternly and his face gets soft as he nodded his head softly.

"YN sweetie-" my mom starts but then I look at her

"How could you invite him here? He shouldn't be here." I say and Justin grabs my hand to comfort me but it's truly not working.

My whole body feels like it's heating up. Heat rising off my skin, tears that were trying to come but I wouldn't allow them to. I've cried too many times because of him. I'm not going to start again.

"Sweetie he's your dad. He came to me. He wanted to see you again." She says and I scoff and pull my hand away from Justin's and cross my arms over my chest.

"You're a little too late for that. You can't just try and walk back into my life when my whole life has turned right side up. What do you even want?" I ask him and he sighs and steps forward a little and looks at me,

"I wanted to be here for you." He says and I roll my eyes and look down at the ground laughing lightly.

"You wanna be here for me. Be here for me? Oh please. You haven't been there for me since you left. Where were you when I took my first steps? Lost my first tooth? Had my first boyfriend? First heartbreak. Oh and let's not forget about one of my favorites. Where were you when I was in an abusive relationship, and every night I would cry myself to sleep calling out for you with new bruises on my body. Where were you then? When I got married and I had my best friend walk me down. When I was in labor? You weren't there. You never were! So don't you dare say you want to be here for me now." I say stepping forward and he gulps and looks down. My heart was racing, I was so angry. He can't just choose to be here now.