4:53am

4:53am

jane watched helplessly as it all happened before her eyes. she saw glenda being plummeted into the ice cold water below and she pushed vienna out of the way so that she could get to the railing, her hands reaching desperately and to no avail for the girl who had fallen in. vienna caught herself on the opposite rail, her chest rising and falling heavily in fear that she was almost the one who died at the hands of bloody harry.

jane looked down at the water below and saw a long chain nearby. she held on to one end and dropped the other into the water where glenda was doing everything she could to stay afloat, but she was being pulled down beneath the surface by the dark spirit of the hospital.

"vienna don't just fucking stand there!" jane shouted at the top of her lungs at the heiress. the sounds of her screams were interweaved with the cries for help of the other girl who had been with them. turning her attention back to glenda, she called, "grab onto the chain and i'll pull you up!"

finally snapped out of her fear that had paralyzed her, vienna cut the small distance between her and jane. she grabbed her by the arm and snatched the chain from her grasp, letting it fall into the freezing water, and with that killing the only chance glenda had to be saved from the clutches of death. turning jane to look at her, the heiress hissed selfishly, "she's done for. we need to keep fucking going if we want to live. it was either her or us."

"it was her or you." jane corrected, swatting vienna's hands away from her. "you're just a motherfucking selfish piece of shit."

it was only at the possibility of their imminent deaths that jane felt compelled to tell vienna price what she really thought about her. they had only met that day, but it was clear from the start that vienna was willing to let every one else die if she would be the only one who got to live in the end.

the heiress shrugged her shoulders in a very uncaring way. "like i said, i'm not hear to learn morals from you. you're the only one who knows how to get us out of here, so do your fucking job and i'll pay you your damn money for the rental of this place for my party."

"keep your fucking money." jane told her, pushing her aside once more in her anger. she strode off the same way they had entered the hydrotherapy floor. the bridge was damaged halfway and would not be able to hold their weight if they walked over it. they would need to go down another floor and cross the entire hospital to get to the other set of stairs that led up to the attic.

jane walked off without even waiting for vienna price. the heiress followed several steps behind her without either of them saying another word.

4:57am

the next floor down was full of hypnosis therapy rooms, each of them with their patient beds and other medical materials used on them. as they passed each room, jane several steps in front of vienna, the heiress watched in awe at the different things there.

she stopped in her tracks by a particular room. this one did not contain a patient bed, only a contraption that seemed almost liked a time machine. it had a small circular window to allow the patient to look outside, or for the doctor to look inside. this intrigued vienna and for one reason or another, she walked into the room.

it was a few steps to the hypnosis machine and when she was close enough, her hand reached out to touch it. it was smothered in cobwebs which caught to her skin and she shook them away in disgust. but her curiosity for the machine did not falter. she was so caught up in her wonder that she didn't even notice the person standing in the doorway. 

vienna finally turned and jumped back in fear when she saw she wasn't alone.

-

is it vienna's turn to die? who knows. there are still three more hours before the hospital unlocks its doors, so anything can happen.

anyway, i hope you all like the update. there is still some more to write before this story ends. and thank you all so much for getting this book to 17k reads, that is super super super amazing. it would have never happened without each and every one of you. so thank you! have a splendid week.

-clary xx