Chapter 45: Criminals

Soul's POV

Those two are going to pay for taking Maka the way they did. They actually kidnapped her in a school hallway. How could do they be so bold to do that?

"You okay Soul?"

I turn my head to see BlackStar looking at me. His eyes held this weird look in them that made me want to say shit was fine when it really wasn't.

"No," I shook my head and groaned loudly. "I'm so worried about Maka that I feel like I can get up right now and do something reckless."

BlackStar shook his head and looked around for a moment. It looked like he was examining our surroundings and I couldn't help but look up too.

The scenery in front of us was so calm and soothing that I felt like I was the only one out of place. I was pissed and this place was the opposite.

Even BlackStar was calm about the situation and he's never calm about things like this.

"Come on," he pointed his thumb behind us and grinned. "The girls are wondering where we're at."

I just nodded my head and followed him to his truck. I can't believe he actually got a truck before me. All I got was a motorcycle that I call my baby.

We jumped into his truck and we went back to town. We went to Kid's mansion and started to talk about how we were going to find Maka.

We ditched school right when I told them Maka was kidnapped by Crona. We went to Kid's mansion to decide on what to do.

Everyone was talking but the girls were also about to cry. Maka became apart of our group and they knew it. They cared for he as much as she did to them.

Before we can continue our talk, we all heard a ring. We stayed quiet for a few minutes and looked around.

I know that ring tone from anywhere. It's Maka's phone. Where is it?

We looked around and I looked down to my pocket that was vibrating. I reached in and pulled out Maka's phone.

How did that get into my pocket?

I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was from an unknown number. I was hesitant but I picked it up.

Everyone in the room had gone silent just watching me as I lifted the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Ah," the voice chuckled. "So you finally decided to pick up? I thought you weren't going to, I was beginning to think you forgot about me."

"Who is this?" I growled.

"I'm the one who perfect for Maka and not you." In an instant, the voice went from humorous to a growl.

"Give her back you asshole!" I shouted suddenly.

BlackStar came in front of me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and saw that he was telling me to calm down which I did.

"Why?" He asked. "So you can hurt her again? I don't think so."

"You're the one who hurt her!" I growled. "You hit her with a bat and kidnapped her. I'm sure she's really hurt."

He stayed quiet but I can hear sounds coming from his end. It sounded like metal and a lot of moving. I didn't know what it was but it was getting me mad how he wasn't answering me.

"Hey!" I snapped. "Answer me!"

He was still quiet but I can hear a whimper on his side and I felt my heart turn in a very uncomfortable way. I know that sound and it made me pissed.

"You hear that?" He asks. "That's her hurt because of you."

"You liar!" I shouted. "She's scared of you and you know it!"

He snapped and started to shout at me at how I was a bastard for hurting his "flower" which pissed me off more. He has the nerve to call her his? He's wrong.

He hung up a minute later and I almost threw the phone onto the floor but I remembered it was Maka's. I just tightly held it in my hand and sighed heavily.

"We got it Soul."

I looked up at BlackStar and he was showing me his phone which had criminal records on it. On the screen was Crona and his brother's face on it with a small description underneath it.

"I know they were criminals!" I growled. "No one would be that bold to kidnap someone in the middle of a school's hallway."

"We got their location as well Soul." Liz spoke up.

Patty ran up to me and showed me the laptop screen which had a map. The little red dot indicated where my Maka was and the same person that stole her.

The little red dot was further away from where the city was so Crona probably took her out somewhere no one can find her. Or hear her screams.

No! Don't think like that. They wouldn't hurt her if Crona is obsessed with her.

They will pay for taking her away from me. I hope they haven't hurt her either. If they did, they better not try to beg for mercy because I won't give it to them.

"Let's get Maka back." I stood and started walking for the door.

"Maka!" Patty happily shouted and followed.

"Should we think of a plan before charging in there?" Kid asked.

Patty and I stopped in our tracks and thought about that idea. That was probably a good idea instead of going in there blindly.

We turned around and started to discuss a plan on how to rescue Maka from Crona. We decided on Kid staying behind and calling the police once we get there.

The girls were going to stay with him because, well they're girls of course. BlackStar and I were going to go there and find Maka.

If those two caught us there, BlackStar was going to take Ragnerok while I took on Crona. The police better get there in time though. 

"Now let's go." I turned and started to walk for the front door.

"Right behind you man!" BlackStar run up to my side.

We're coming Maka, please wait a little longer.