Glowing Hearts (2)

Juvia's POV

"I've told you to not fall for that bastard's words! He's nothing but a piece of crap!" Gajeel-kun shouted, contradicting the comforting arms he wrapped around Juvia. Despite the warmth of being in your friend's arm, Juvia's pathetic eyes still cannot stop shedding tears from the pain.

"H-he said he loves Juvia... J-juvia thought he meant it." A loud click of a tongue was all the ebony-head responded.

"You said it yourself. You belong to the one who'll make your heart glow... So please can you just refrain from getting hurt till then?" His voice soften, grip tighten, as Juvia sobbed harder unto the brotherly arms surrounding her petty self .

***

"Look out!" A sharp growl brought Juvia back to reality. Instantly, a pair of strong arms tackled her down causing Juvia's back to hit the ground. Slightly groaning from the stinging pain, Juvia looked up only to be pinned by that melting look of worry from those captivating gray eyes of the man above.

"Are you alright?" The man hovered above Juvia, searching for answers as he stare too closely at Juvia's face. Juvia's cheeks instantaneously heated up from the unsafe distance and how the man's velvety voice laced with genuine concern. Nodding slightly as she tried her best to calm the rapid beating from her chest. The man finally got off her as he offered a hand, which Juvia reluctantly accepted, pondering at how soft it felt against her own.

"What happened?" Asked Juvia

"I'm not sure. We were in the middle of the battle then you suddenly spaced out, I threw an ice spear as I reckon it would snap you out of it. But when you didn't, I panicked, thinking it would hit you directly so... I tackled you." A dash of pink spread across his face as he mumbled the last part, Juvia can't help but smile at how adorable that blush was, a light giggle escaped her lips unintentionallly.

"So, you're telling Juvia that you violently attacked her and saved her life at the same time?" The adorable mage chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. Juvia then caught sight of the ice spear than was harshly impaled to the ground, thanking it wasn't her lithe body instead.

"Should we ummm, I mean.. T-the battle.. We.." He trailed off, trying to find the right words to say. Juvia was just about to open her mouth when the ice mage suddenly groan with palpable frustration.

"Ugh! I can't do this! I-I just can't..." Juvia stared at him, heart still pounding rapidly against her chest as those long fingers ran their way across the jet black locks, with a loud sigh.

When those gray orbs locked gaze with hers, Juvia started to feel her face heat up try as she may, there is no denying the obvious attraction that she felt towards the boy, how he carries himself during their battle, how the intensity of his gaze made Juvia's inside melt, how he cared enough to save her from his own attack. And how he made her heart flutter like nobody else did...

Juvia's feet unconsciously brought her closer to the ice mage, slowly taking its time until she was just an arm away from the man. Memorizing his tantalizing features as if not believing that this was the one who she was supposed to belong to.

"Ah!" Juvia squealed, an octave higher than her usual tone when the man suddenly grab hold of her wrist and pulled her closer, making their chest clash as he wrap his free arm around Juvia's waist.

"Why am I acting this way because of you?" The ice mage whispered, never letting our eyes part as he did. Juvia was now sure she was blushing like crazy, every part of her seems to heat up as she processed the ecstatic thought of feeling the same way as he did. Juvia had never been held this close by any man, except for Gajeel-kun, she never felt the sensation of being nervous yet highly elated at the same time.