Pani OS: No Strings Attached

The bit in italics is the flashback and VG has been addressed as V !

His words were ringing in my ears.

"She doesn't pay any attention to me ! Niti c...."

How could I be so stupid ? So dumb to have trusted this person so much? He doesn't deserve it. No he doesn't. NOT AT ALL. I'm a complete jerk who trusted this guy more than anything else, who trusted this person with my life, with my feelings ! I invested my time into him and all he does is back stabs me right where it pains the most ! I should have known it right away. All guys are the same. They play along with you for some time and then when they're bored they ditch you !

I decided to end everything I had with him. I didn't even want to talk to him after everything that I had listened to. He lied to me ! He lied every freaking time to me. From the end of his friendship with V to returning to season two for ME and then to the most humongous lie of loving me !

"Niti..?" He answered the call. It was late at Night on Tuesday. I knew he didn't sleep.

"Parth I just wanted to tell you that everything is done ! Over ! Don't ever call me ..bye bye. We are done !"

"Niti but...What happened just speak up !" He seemed nonchalant. His voice was pricking me so much.

"You betrayed me Parth. I was such a fool to have trusted you. I shouldn't have fallen for you. I wish I could stop before !! Anyway, its over between us, and please for gods sake don't betray any girl like you betrayed me !! It hurts way more than you can imagine. Good bye forever."

I gulped down my saliva before finally stopping at the word forever. V narrowed his eyes at me and I tried my best to show to him that I was saying the truth. Lying was a tough job. Really tough.

"And did he call you up after that?" The man sitting in front of me asked.

I shook my head and looked down, trying to show how much he had pissed me off.

"He doesn't care Niti. If only you had realized this before, things would have been at a much better place than they are today. Anyway, I'll leave." V got up. My heartbeats were pacing up and down. This person gave me erratic chills..I was so scared of him, so scared to lie to him. What if he found out what the truth was ? God, please help me.

"Acha and Nitikinsss...thanks for posting that note. You know it feels good to see someone so close to Parth supporting me...that too on Twitter." He gave his signature smirk and I fake smiled back. Parth was super angry at me for that note, so much that his phone was switched off for a very long time. I hated this name Nitikinsss though. Argh.

"We are not close anymore." I said with a straight face, and he grinned again. Such a sadistic human. I can't believe he's stooping so low.

"Bye then." He gave me a formal hug and I led him to the door seeing him off , more like shooing him off. Bas, aur nahi ho paayega. I was mentally so distracted that I didn't know what to do. Parth, where art thou? He was supposed to meet me today.

Okay, so basically things began long back, when Parth deleted his Instagram account. He hadn't told me the reason though.. My mind had self produced some story based on what I saw on Twitter and that's it. Despite my 1999 attempts to get the story out, Parth kept mum and spoke 'time will heal everything. Don't worry.' Apparently he didn't want to worry me regarding this topic because I am a very sensitive person and he couldn't see me in pain. But that's what soulmates are about right ? Sharing each other's pains? But Parth was so different. He never shared his pain with anyone, not with me , not with his roomies and neither did he allow me to carry my pain on myself all the time. Every time he would soothe me, calm me down, tell me that everything's gonna be alright. Basically he was needed for my hormones to be in control.. I completely lost it when I was not around him.