Roses & Thorns.

I typed a vehement yes with a mandatory smiley before I finally pressed the send button and sighed in frustration.

Why me ? Why us ? Why always US ONLY ? Why not anyone else ? And for how long ? Its been a month since this matter has begun and it doesn't seem to stop no matter how much I pray and how much I ignore it.

I'm a human . Like all other humans, I have my patience limits which are actually getting over day by day, moment by moment , and there's only one person who can actually replenish it, but till how long ? That guy needs his share of happiness as well. Always he can't just get away by showing that he's elated and not depressed .

Or maybe I'm more depressed than he is ?

My thoughts were interrupted by a the continuous sound of the doorbell so I went to the door and took a look at the other end through the peep hole but to my dismay found nothing but what I presumed to be roses ? Anyway, I opened the door. As it is, I wasn't expecting anyone apart from him at such an hour during the afternoon, so maybe he was here. We were meeting after two days.

As I opened the door, I saw four red roses covering a certain long face.. Which was actually not difficult for me to understand.

"Happy rose day girlfriend !" He chirped happily and barged right into my house as I let out a chuckle and shut the door behind. He went and settled himself comfortably on the couch and wiped the minimal sweat using his kerchief.

"Thanda pani hai ?"

I feel like giggling every time he says pani.

"No." I walked over to him. "I stopped having thanda pani after April last year." I winked.

He glared at me as if I had spoken French.

"Someone seems to be in a mood for double meaning talks huh?" It was his turn to tease.

I shook my head innocently as if I just didn't mean to begin any kind of double meaning talks and ran to the kitchen to get water for him.

"Niti by the way you know what ! Humari anniversary aa rahi hai !" He said as I handed him a glass of water.

"That just shows how weak you're with dates Mr.Samthaan." I was angry at him and tried portraying the same. How can he just forget THE date ? It's February now.

He pulled me towards himself and made me sit right next to him. "Sahi toh bola!"

"No ! Galat bola ! April is two months away and that too 25th is far far away ! It's February now !! You're either weak with dates or months !" I frowned.

"Niti Taylor 12 months mein se 10 months already khatam ho chuke hai ! Only 2 months remaining so technically only 2 months more to go before we can celebrate it !"

This human is beyond my understanding! Him and his hopeless logics.

"You know what?" I said. "Leave it. You just can't accept that you forgot the date and that's why you cooked up this random logic because you can't accept that you forgot the date in front of me."

"You really think I forgot !" He exclaimed.

"Yes you did !"

"Haww Niti, you're telling me I forgot the date I proposed to you?"

I nodded with a sarcastic smile.

"I didn't forget anything madam. I remember each and every vivid detail of how I asked you out and after that our kiss."

That was cue for me. The mere mention of the kiss was enough to make blood rush upto my cheeks and blush in embarrassment. Words were less to convey the amount of embarrassment I had faced that day along with Parth just because we had got carried away.