Chapter 4

Hermione was getting ready for the ball, a very determined look on her face during the whole process. She was in the Gryffindor tower, all the girls were getting ready together.

"So Hermione, who is your date?" Ginny whined, she and Parvati had been trying to coax her mystery date's identity out of her for days now.

Hermione just gave a mysteriously satisfied smirk. "As I said Ginny, you will have to wait and see. I will add this, though, watch the fountain around eight. You will be massively entertained then."

The girls groaned in frustration. Ginny gave up and returned to her other favourite topic; Harry Potter.

"I miss Harry. I wish he could be here! At least he sent me this beautiful dress..."

Ginny was going as the witch Amata. And she thought that she was going alone; what she didn't know was that Harry was going to surprise her by showing up as Sir Luckless. Hermione smiled to herself, she had helped set it up of course.

Within no time they were ready to descend to the great hall.

Hermione was pleased, she wore a white silk Ancient Greek robe, hanging from one shoulder, at her waist was a golden rope that tugged the robe in snugly, on her arms were golden bangles, on her feet golden sandals.

Her hair was shiny curls, in a very loose braid down her back, curls escaping in soft tendrils. And on her head, she had a wreath of conjured yellow and white flowers

Her makeup was natural but dramatic enough to create a smouldering glow.

She was satisfied.

The other girls had already descended, the ball began at seven; eventually, Hermione knew that all the sixth and seventh years were gone. She kept glancing at her watch.

Finally, it was a quarter to eight, show time; with a deep breath, she made her way to the great hall. Hermione entered the great hall, giving the hall a fleeting once over, a proud smile on her features.

It looked like a true fairyland, with so many romantic features.

The perfect Valentines Day theme.

She noticed a few surprised stares as she made her way through the crowd to the centre of the hall where the fountain was. Okay, she will admit the caftan was rather daring, only reaching mid-thigh, and it dropped low over her breast from the shoulder.

But she knew she looked good.

She saw Ginny and Harry giving astounded glances between her approaching figure and the figure she knew was standing at the fountain waiting for her.

Said figure had his back turned to her.

Hermione took the time to take in the similarly dressed tall male, his blonde hair in wavy casual style falling over his brow. She knew how handsome he would look from the front now. His bare chest visible partly, due to the male version caftan being draped more around the hips with only a narrower shoulder drape.

She softly padded behind him, then leant in from behind to whisper in his ear; he tensed at the moment she stopped, feeling her presence.

"Draco... I will have that kiss now... A kiss from my Valentine."

Draco turned around with eyes that showed some apprehension and surprise; she knew he had been afraid of his big reveal, that she would reject him.

She knew he was surprised that she had calmly accepted it.

And before he could say anything or even do anything, Hermione took his face between her hands and pressed her body against his. She mashed her mouth to his, to quite a few shocked gasps and, of course; the immediate whispering starting up.

Her lips moved against his softly, she felt his arms circling her waist, pulling her tighter against him, her arms moved around his neck, her hands clasping his head from behind.

Letting her fingers roam through his hair. The kiss went on and on, nibbling and sucking and teasing.

Her whole body burned, she felt alive like she only felt when she and Malfoy were having their spats and fights. Now she knew why they fought so much, it was because there has always been this fire between them.

Pure passion.

And it had been seeking release.

After what seemed like forever she pulled away, just an inch, they smiled at each other, their breathing ragged, then she whispered. "Did you really think I would not figure it out my darling ferret? I am after all the brightest witch of our age..."

She trailed off, still smiling, their foreheads resting against each other. "Well my beautiful beaver, I never expected anything less from you... I would have been disappointed had you not figured it out."

They both gave each other a grin, hers contented and happy, his confident and happy. "Stop grinning and kiss me ferret. I want to never forget this Valentine's kiss."

His grin morphed into his arrogant smirk.

"With pleasure, these will be only the first of many more my beaver." And with that, their lips met again.

The obnoxious ferret and the know it all beaver had found that they did, after all, like each other very much.

Very much indeed.

The End