Chapter 2 - Rain check

AN* i really want this book to get far, share your thoughts with this chapter

enjoy x

*************************************************

Nevaeh's POV*

What an uplifting service I thought as I smiled around my sanctuary of worship, After greeting friends and socialising with fellow church members,  and  oh having a quick chat with Pastor Isaiah I made my way outside to my car. I just wanted to follow my usual Sunday tradition , as soon as I got home, which consisted of me getting in to my favourite onesie paired with my bunny slippers firstly reading the word of God and meditating and then eating a nice bowl of jellof rice (if you know you know) and a cold bottle of supermalt and then having a power nap before planning for the new week ahead, and finally a bowl of ice-cream before calling it a night. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I pulled out of the  church car park and in to the road while humming to Israel Houghton- moving forward, man his voice is just beautiful. The beautiful gospel song that had gotten me lost within the beautiful harmonies suddenly came to a stop because my phone started ringing as I glanced at the screen of my Iphone 6 plus I saw it was my best friend Malachi, I had left him at church since he had a meeting with the other choir members, he was one of the lead singers in the choir and his voice was truly a blessing to men on earth and angels in heaven.

"Chi!!" I sung in to the air as I took a turn in to the first exit of the nearby roundabout, before zooming straight on . His chuckle filled up the car, I had put him on loudspeaker.

"I really need to give you them vocal lessons you know, hold on yeah?"I nod my head as if he could see me, after that I hear loud shuffling, a bang and him obviously starting up his car.

"So.... What are your plans crazy lady?" he cheerfully asks. I playfully roll my eyes because we both knew I always followed the same old routine

"You already know homie" I say, as I shake my head, at the failed attempt to speak in a southern accent. I could imagine him rolling his eyes at me. I loved my friendship with Malachi he was always there for me, he was so kind, handsome, and talented and most of all so close to God I hated to admit to myself I had a crush on him but I always pushed my feelings to the side.

"Ayee, what was that fam??... gurl byee" it went silent for a bit because I was lost in thought thinking about how much I appreciated Malachi in my life, I didn't have too many friends and even before I got saved, I remember he used to minister to me a lot and even though we were both of different two worlds, we managed to be so close and naturally connect so well.

"Anyway... come we go Nandos tonight , and of course I will pay" he says bringing me back to reality. I mentally do a happy dance, Nandos is my go to spot to chill and eat.

"YASS chi! But if your paying then I'm driving yeah?" I confirm as I pull up in front of my house and turn off the engine before releasing myself from the clutches of the seatbelt restricting my freedom.

"Okay, yeah that's cool.. Veah, come pick me up for 7 ok?? 7 not 8 "he laughs, I get out the car not before reaching for my handbag.

"Shut up boy, I can read the time perfectly thank you, see you at 7:15" I cheekily say before ending the call.

Malachi's POV

"Shut up boy, I can read the time perfectly thank you, see you at 7:15"

Before I could protest she hung up. I shake my head at the screen of my phone ,this girl is crazy but I love her, I thank God every day that she found the Lord because she is so special, we been friends for about more than 5 years and she's been saved for more than 2 years I feel it's the right time to tell her how I feel. I wasn't really taking her to Nandos, It was a surprise.

****

I was brushing my waves down as I looked in the mirror despite the fact I needed a haircut I nodded at the reflection that stared back at me. I knew that I was a good looking guy, come on God made me, but I never used that in a bad way I was humbled because of the way my parents had brought me up in the way of the Lord and my own desire to be a follower of Christ.

I looked at the time it was 6:47, I smiled remembering that Nevaeh had made it known to me that she would be late. My thoughts were soon interrupted by my I Phone 6 plus ringing and vibrating on my glass side table, (I Know we got the same phone). The caller ID read –Vaeh- I wondered why she would be calling me right now.

"You better not be calling to stand me up girl" I say before hearing crying in the background, then there was a whole lot of shuffling and what sounded like a car door being slammed.

"Nevaeh??" I ask in a slight panicked tone.

"Chi! Look something unexpected came up, can we take rain check please? I'm so sorry I will drive by tonight to check on you" she asked in a panicked whisper.

"Are you ok?, and that's more than fine just let me know that you're ok and do you need anything??" I was so concerned and a bad feeling formed in my stomach.

"Yeah I'm fine, honestly don't panic, I will let you in on all of this when I sort it out but im sorry, I got to go "

I nod my head "OK, text me" I say before hanging up. I sit there for a moment trying to take it all in, for a moment I thought she was in danger, I was so protective over her because she had been through a lot and I wasn't prepared to almost lose her again.

I look down at the glass table where my phone had previously lay, I stared at it

I stared at the engagement ring sitting next to my phone, tonight I was going to propose to Nevaeh.
1119 words
AN*

I decided not to write long chapters until i get comments (constructive criticism is always welcome)

Please comment vote and share

Nevaeh's picture is above

Peace&Love X