Chapter one (edited)

Usually, I used to wake up several minutes after my alarm had rung. There was just no energy in my body in the mornings - as if my blanket and pillow had sucked all livelihood out before the day had begun. But not today.

It's a few minutes past 7am and I was already full awake.

Today was different.

I kicked my warm, furry blanket off of me, quickly ran a hand through my messy hair and tried desperately not to hammer my foot into the bed stand (and failed miserably) all the while I tried to reach for my phone to stop my damn alarm clock from piercing my soul.

Me and morning didn't have a good relationship, and to be honest, I thought that morning hated me more than I hated him. Mrs. Cooper who lived just across the street had once tried to convince me to join her in the mornings to do yoga at her place. And of course, I had been a stupid and very naïve 15-year-old at the time and said yes. It wasn't until my mom had looked down at me with a confused and tired look at 5am in the freaking morning to tell me that Mrs. Cooper was waiting for me in the living room to do yoga. That was the last time I joined her one-man yoga club.

But what I was trying to say was that I wasn't a morning person, and especially not when I knew that it was a weekday. Which, of course, could only mean one thing: school. 

Did I say that I hate mornings? Well, forget that because school was even worse.

School wasn't something I stressed about; the homework wasn't difficult and I wasn't in any petty high school dramas. But today of all days, on the other hand, was completely horrible because I was the new student at a new school with new people.

After I put my clothes on which was some casual jeans, a gray sweater which I tucked into my jeans and a belt, I took my schoolbag and walked toward the mirror.

A girl was staring at me and I just stared back for a moment, not really sure where else to look.

My brown eyes looked a little tired from the night without much sleep but my dark hair looked smooth and straight and I thanked myself for straighten it the night before. 

I needed makeup to save my face, so I grabbed the mascara and some bronzer and quickly made some magic with my face. 

I nodded satisfied, and the same did the girl in the mirror. A smile formed on my lips, and I saw how the girl in the mirror was smiling too. 

╰ ╮╭ ╯

I parked my white Chevrolet Spark at the school's parking lot. It was already filled up with cars and students who were talking and laughing together. I looked at my phone before stepping out of my car and saw that I had plenty of time before my first class. 

There must have been written New student on my forehead because people were almost jumping out of my way and shooting me glares that said Don't ask us where the principal's office is - it's too complicated to explain and we don't have the time to show you.

So, I was on my own then.

As I entered the doors that led inside the school I was meet with long rows of lockers that were stacked up on top of each other and people who tried to get to their books before the bell rang.