Madison

I breathe in the fresh air and wonder how this pack can survive with such a lazy mean old alpha. I dive between two trees and follow a familiar scent. It takes me a few minutes but eventually I come to a clearing. A reddish brown wolf sat in the middle, facing the sky and watching the clouds. I walked up to her and sit down next to her.

So your back.

Yes. I respond hesitantly

Didn't you find a new pack to destroy?

I wince at that. She has every right to be mean, but it still hurts.

Actually I'm here for Katy. I'm so sorry

Madison cringes but otherwise didn't react to my apology.

Cassy's gone too you know.

Madison gasps and turns to face me, tears in her eyes.

I had no idea Luna! Why didn't you tell me?!

I thought you hated me.

She growls at me.

Idiot! I could never hate you! Your my best friend! You should have told me!

I'm sorry.

Where have you been? I thought you were dead!

I have been living the life of a rouge.

She looks shocked and I don't blame her. She's probably disgusted With me.

I'm so sorry!

I wasn't expecting that.

It's not your fault. And besides I won't be a rouge for long. I'm creating my own pack, and I'm going to take down Firestone.

She just looks at me for a moment.

Luna?

Yeah?

Did you know that I've always wanted to be a hunter. It's true but I'm always stuck with tracker. My alpha is a chauvinistic whale. He never leaves his den, and eats all the prey that the hunters worked hard to kill. He's a fat old tyrant and I'm tired of him. I need a new pack.

Madison you don't have to...

I want to. She lifts her paw up.

Count me in.

I laugh and give her the wolf version of a fist bump. Looks like I just found my beta.