chapter 2

Once class let out Y/N picked up her books as quickly as she could and left. She went as fast as she could because she did NOT want to confront anyone right now. Y/N just wanted to go to her next class as quick as she could. She thought maybe just maybe the day would go faster.

She didn't like Trey and was going to say no. The thing is, is that she didn't want to hurt him or anything. Especially in front of the class. He would torment her for life. Plus, she wouldn't want someone rejecting her in front of her potions class even if she was cocky like Trey. She just couldn't believe Tom had actually said that. He was a somewhat quiet boy, with an additional smart ass comment during class, since he knew everything. He was Slytherin's head boy and a prefect not to mention Professor Slughorn's favorite student.

It was their 5th year and never had he talked to her. Y/N realized that she had never actually looked at Tom since the ceremony until now. She did glance at him every now and then but she never really looked at him. His hair was always neatly done and he always looked his best, like perfection. She wondered if that was just a cover up and his life was really messy in reality. 

Y/N had to now deal with Trey and Tom. Trey would probably threaten Tom or something inconvenient like that. She didn't have time to deal with this! Her friend Olivia was already freaking out about planning the Yule Ball, she was the head of the committee. Olivia was someone she never quite understood. She was Ravenclaw but acted more like a Hufflepuff with her stereotypical dumb blonde act, or at least Y/N thinks it's an act. 

She wondered how Olivia would react to this mess that had just been created. Tess would probably laugh. Tess was a total Slytherin stuck in Gryffindor. She didn't really mind it, she liked the people in that house way better than the people in Slytherin. She just thanked god everyday that she wasn't stuck with Avery. How do I even begin to describe Avery? He was like a clone of Tom only more smug. He was another Slughorn favorite and another Slytherin. He was almost as bad as Trey but he always had a twinkle in his eyes that suggested he had a heart that wasn't dead.

It was almost like she could see her friends going up to her and saying, "We heard what happened with Trey and Tom! Tell us everything!" Which was exactly what happened during transfiguration class. She brushed the comment off and payed attention to the Professor. Olivia tapped her shoulder, "Come on we want to know!"

Y/N sat right in front of Olivia and Tess with another one of Tom's friends, Slytherin, and Slughorn favorite, Rosier. It was like she was surrounded. Rosier wasn't that bad, or at least in this class he was silent. Although he did look off of her paper during tests, she didn't mind. Y/N leaned her chair back, "I'll tell you after class, I'm trying to pay attention."

"Paying attention in transfiguration class? Please, thats a worse lie than when you told us you liked that scarf Olivia gave you," Tess snickered at her own comment.

"It was a cute scarf Tess!" Olivia defended herself. 

"Yeah for you," Tess rolled her eyes and her attention drew back to Y/N. "Tell us what happened already!" The Professor glared at the girls making them sink back into their chairs. "Okay fine, after class."

Rosier glanced at Y/N and shook his head. Y/N noticed and scowled, "What?" Rosier shrugged and hid a smile. With that she rolled her eyes and dreaded the end of class, because that meant lunch.