chap 15

For the rest of the week, I didn't see Josh at all. What I only saw was Kim who keep glaring and smirking at me. 
I tried to call him but I didn't reach it. I started to worry, I even go to his house but I didn't see his car outside.
Did he gone? Already gone, leaving me alone? 
"Hi, sissy," a cute voice greeted me made me back to reality. I looked down, it was Amanda. It was a very long time since I met her. I felt so happy that I meet somebody I know, somebody who has a connection with me and Josh.
"Hi, sweetie. Are you alone?," I asked her when I didn't see her parent around in this park.
"No, I come with Eddie," right, her boyfriend.

"Eddie's big brother drove us here," she added, sitting beside me.
Us? So Brian and Nicole were here? That's a good thing, I can join them.
"Really, send my regard to them. Tell them I will join them in a minute," 
"Okay," Amanda replied to me as she ran to get Eddie.
I quickly took my book and kept it inside my bag. I stood up from the bench I sat before and walked to them. It was nice to have somebody I know around, I was tired being on my own.
My parent had already left three days ago, they had something to settle before it come to their wedding. I smiled, wedding? I never imagine that but I was very excited to be bridesmaid for my mom.
As I walked past the big shady tree, day dreaming while walking, I heard somebody yell in pain.

"Oh...I'm so sorry," I said to a guy who was lying under the tree. I had stomped his left hand. How careless I am.
"Serena?," he said.
"Harry? What are you doing here?," I was surprised to see him here.
"I followed you here," he winked at me.
I couldn't tell whether he was joking or not but I take it as a joke. I smiled and sat beside him in the ground. I guess it's rude for you to leave you victim just like that. So why not, I spend a few minutes with him?
We chatted about random things until he finally ask about Josh.
I looked down, avoiding his eyes, preventing my tears from fell on my cheeks. Then I looked up again, the breeze blew against my skin made me smile.
"I have no idea," I said to him.
"Well, it's okay to have no idea," he said, tucking my hair behind my ear to keep it in place as the wind has ruined it and added," You can always have another idea,"
Is that an offer?

I smiled to him, understanding what he said," But I don't want another idea,"
Staring into my eyes, his mouth curved into a smile," Stubborn girl,"
"I a...," before I can reply his word, I heard a rush of air beside me, it happen so quick that I can't see it coming and the only thing I know is Harry's mouth was bleeding and Brian was standing beside me, raising his fist for a second attack.
"Brian...no!," I yelled but Harry was quick, Brian missed that punch. They both stood in front of each other, glaring and scowling.
"Serena," Nicole came near me.
"What happened?," I asked her but Nicole just shrugged. I was about to move in between them to prevent them from punching each other but Nicole held my hands tight.
What was all this about? It was a fight scene like I saw in movie but wasn't it supposed to be between Josh and Harry?

"Stay away from Serena, okay? What are you trying to do? Stealing her from Josh? Don't forget I was his best friend," 
"That's not my intention," he defended, rubbing his mouth from bleeding.
"But that what you are doing, asshole!," Brian screamed at his face.
"He didn't do anything. We didn't do anything," I explained, feeling like an idiot being accused like that.
"You didn't do anything, he did. He was trying to be nice with you so you'll forget Josh and go with him," Nicole said to me, glaring at Harry.
Where did she get that idea? That was never his intention. It did sound funny too.
"Yes, yes...I have tried that but it didn't work, okay?! She loves Josh too much to go with me," he said, raising his hand as a sign of surrender.
Oh, no. That was his intention. Okay, that's not funny.

"See, I told you, Serena. For god sake Serena, what are you doing? Don't leave Josh like that. He loves you so much, don't treat him like that,"
What?! Brian accused me being ignorant to Josh?
"Hey, I told you...she loves Josh so much to leave him. Don't ever accuse her like that!," Harry yelled at Brian, smacking his shoulder.
"Stop!," I screamed, my head was dizzy hearing all those yelling," I don't know where Josh is, he leave me. So you guys don't need to argue or do whatever for me, I can handle my own problem,"
I think so.
"He doesn't leave you, he was sick! Oh, Serena don't tell me you don't know this?," Nicole said to me, holding both of my shoulder.
My eyes widened, my head shook frantically in horror. I don't know that!
"He caught in high fever for almost a week. I just knew about this half an hour ago," Brian said.

Oh my god! High fever?! He's ill and I accused him leaving me? I was so mean! Fever? How did he get fever? It was raining last weekend...is it Josh? Is it him? It's not a dream?
"Oh...how was he? Is he still in high fever? How bad was his fever?," I asked hysterically.
"I don't know, I...," 
"He was better now, he just get home few hours ago," it was Harry who speak. How did he know? If he knows why didn't he tell me?
I looked at him with anger flashed in my eyes," Why don't you tell me?,"
He looked down," I was being selfish, yes...it is true I tried to seduce you, make you confuse until you come with me but I can't. I've tried but I've failed,"
"You shouldn't do that!," I said to him.

"Don't look at me like that, Serena. I'm sorry. I shouldn't do that,"
"I'm tired of all this. I want to see Josh, I want to see him. Brian, Nicole takes me there please," I begged them, turning around from Harry.
"Honey, go and get the car please," Nicole asked, holding my hand tightly.
As fast as he can, Brian ran to go and get his car.
"It may take a long time, he parked his car far away from here because the parking was full,"
"Oh...no,"I cried.
"Let me drive you there," Harry offered. I looked up at him, how dare he offer me after he did all that?

"Shut up, Harry. We don't need your help," Nicole said.
"Please let me made amend for what I've done. Serena, I will take you there. I never lie to you. I've told you that day about what I feel for you. About Josh, I didn't say anything because you didn't ask," he explained, staring deep into my eyes.
I don't know what I saw deep inside his green eyes but I slowly nodded, accepting his offer. I think I saw something honest in his eyes.
"Serena, no. You cannot follow him," Nicole tried to stop me.
I looked at her," He won't do anything. Trust me. Plus you'll follow behind us right?,"
Nicole stared at Brian and said," We'll be close behind you. If anything happen to Serena, you know what Brian and Josh will do to you,"
Harry nodded and asked me to follow him.

Josh? Oh...I need to go there quick. I want to see josh, I want hug and kiss him. Is that why he refuse to kiss me that day? But he kissed Kim? And the bet? 
Oh, push all that away. I don't care at all, I don't care if I were a fucking bet or a challenge or whatsoever as far as he, don't leave me. I want him by my side. I'll forgive for making that stupid bet, for kissing that slutty Kim, for not telling me he was ill, and for everything. 
He loves me, I know that. I can feel that.
After a few minutes, we reached Josh house. All the window and door closed. I scolded myself for leaving Josh spare key at home, what a stupid girl! 
I opened the door but before I can exit, Harry hands held mine. Raising my brow, I glanced at him.

"Serena, I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?,"
"I forgive you,"
"Thank you. I really like you that why I did that," he said as he bend down and kissed my cheek. Slowly he let go my hands.
I smiled to him and quickly exited the car. Behind me, I can hear Harry has gone. I eyed the house; I know Josh was inside the house, I can feel his presence.
I knocked the door about three times but no answer. I rang the bell but I got no answer as well. I kicked the door like I learned in my tae kwan do lesson but the door didn't even move a bit. 
Ouch! What a solid door.

Where are Brian and Nicole? If they were here, they can help me open or kick the door. I looked around the house if there was an open window but all were closed. Suddenly I remembered, Josh's bathroom window was never lock so I ran to his room. 
Yes, my thought exactly! It was a bit higher and thank god it was big enough for me to sneak. I took the empty vase and slowly climbed on it. With a swift movement I was in I slowly climbed into the vase, slowly opened it and sneaked into it. 
I never sneak into anybody room but I did it for Josh. Josh always made me do crazy things. Once I was in, I slowly tiptoed to his room but I see nobody.
Where is Josh? I went to the kitchen to find him but all I see was a medicine in the table. I moved to the living room but I didn't see Josh at all. Where is he?
"Josh...Josh...where are you?," I yelled his name. But it was no answer, I started to become panic. Is he faint?

Slowly I opened the room a.k.a my bedroom in his house and I was surprised to see him lying there in my bed in my room. He was lying there, sleeping. His face was pale and his lips dry.
Oh Josh, I missed him so much. I felt like I want to hug him and kiss him so much. But I won't do that, he was sleeping. Let him rest first.
Slowly I walked there, didn't want to wake him up. I sat beside him, rubbing his hair. He felt hot, he was having a fever. I couldn't resist myself to touch him, I kissed his cheek. It felt hot too.
I reached the book beside him, it was his journal. The journal where I found that stupid bet. I don't want to read it, I don't want Josh to be mad at me again but I really want to see what inside.
I guess Harry is true, I was stubborn. The book was partly open, I took it and read it. It was dated two days ago.

"I missed her. Her smile, hair, lips, heat...."
I smiled at that. He missed me. I slowly open more of the journal. It was dated a few month ago, the day we met.
10th February...
"Bumped into Serena, sweet tempered girl. I couldn't help my self to hold back my desire. It was just a touch, but a real touch"
She doesn't like it. I can tell.
"She's not a whore person, I like that. Sweet innocent kiss, I never felt it before. It was real good. Hell, a lot better than before"
3rd Mac...
"I like her"
10th mac...

"I like her again. I want to kiss, cuddle and keep her with me forever"
5th April...
"It was the best night ever. Cupid? My girl believes it, so were her boy. She's my baby!"
12th April...
"She isn't worth any tears... it hurt me"
15th April...
"She will always be my baby. I think I have fall in love with her. Oh, I missed her now"
I smiled reading all that, it keeps my heart warm and made me felt those wonderful heartbeats again.
He really loves me...Josh. I glanced at him over my shoulder, I was a fool! I was fool, thinking he wants to leave me, thinking that he had hurt me. It's me who leave him and...hurt him.