Chapter 9

Lucy's (POV) he began explaining about how my mother was the cause of the dragons disappearing and how she died in the process. "No, you're making everything up. Everything about Natsu is lies!" I said demanding. He grabbed my chin. "The only reason I've got you now is because having you here will lure Natsu. If he was already here, you'd be dead by now. Human trash means nothing to me." He said with a smirk. "So did Mavis mean nothing to you as well?" I said grinning. I realized I got him where it hurt. "Yes. I've heard the stories. I know everything about the two of you Zeref. You might not care about the human race now, but you wasn't always this heartless...where you?" I asked. He then slapped me across the face making me fall the ground. "You know nothing!" He screamed and walked out of the room. "Are you ok?" Ace asked. I smiled. "Yes, I'm fine." I said realizing that he was worrying about me. I quietly whispered to him. "We have to get out of here." I said trying to think of a plan. "Zeref nor anybody is here right now. This is our chance to escape." I said still whispering. "I don't think this is a good idea Lucy." He said with a sad expression. "I'll protect you." I said and grabbed his hand. We rushed down the steps and I never knew we had already lost.