Epilogue

CAN I JUST TELL YOU GUYS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!?!?!?!?!? Thank you so much for sticking with this story, it really means the world to me, considering this is pretty much all that I want to do with my life.

Speaking of which! As soon as I am finished with my original works (novels and short stories) I will be posting them online on Amazon or some other online publishing forum. It will mostly be horror/thriller, but there will be some mystery and fantasy. Please let me know if you are interested in buying any of my books so that I can send you a link once I publish them. :)

Alright, I know that you really didn't click on this epilogue to listen to me ranting about my (horribly underpaid) career choice, so without further a due, let's read on!

=*=

"You have got to me kidding me."

Percy laughed quietly at the son of Hades' misfortune, being very careful to not make his presence known to his cousin.  He sat himself in a large bush, listening eagerly to the conversation - or argument- that Nico was having with another camper, Will Solace. 

"I am most certainly not kidding!  You have glass shards all over your hands! " The blond boy grabbed at Nico's pale hands, expertly inspecting the small, green shards of glass that had embedded into his hand.  "What the Hades were you thinking!?!? It's going to take me forever to remove them all!"

Nico yanked his hand away from the self- proclaimed Doctor, shoving it angrily into his jacket pocket and turning away from the other boy in order to hide the faint blush that creeped it's way up his neck.  "Forget it then," he grumbled, "I can take it out myself..." 

"Yeah, and Zeus is gonna retire and give the throne to Mr. D." He rolled his bright blue eyes, placing a hand on his hip in frustration.  "No way in Tartarus am I gonna let you try to get all of that out by yourself.  Nope.  Don't even think about it, Death Boy."

Nico raised an eyebrow, a look of irritation on his face.

"Oh no." Will wagged his finger in front of Nico's face. "You don't get to be annoyed, Di Angelo. I'm trying to HELP you.  You are coming with me and I am going to get that crap out of your hands."  The son of Hades opened his mouth in protest, but before he could say anything, Will raised his hand and gabbed his finger in Nico's face, accidentally brushing the pale boy's nose. "You don't have a say in the matter. Got it?"

Stunned by the golden boy's forcefulness, Nico could only nod his head, eyes wide in surprise and a faint blush on his cheeks as a result of the poke that his nose had received.  As Will dragged the son of Hades off, Percy could see an equally pink tint on the son of Apollo's cheeks.

=*=

"Would you hold still? This would be a lot easier if you would just let me help you."

Nico scowled - he seemed to be doing that a lot today.   He sat and watched as Will inspected the glass-covered hand, holding a pair of tweezers in his other hand.  He studied a singular shard that protruded from Nico's skin, twisting the limb in several different directions and writing notes down on the notepad that was placed on his lap. 

After an enormous amount of complaint, Will allowed Nico to be examined in the comfort of the Hades cabin, which was terribly and insufficiently lit, much to Will's dismay.  This caused Will to pull Nico's hand - and with it, Nico himself - very close to him in order to properly examine the wounds, which left little to no space between the two boys.  Nico sat on the edge of his bed, shifting slightly at the uncomfortable - and completely unintentional - intimacy that the two demigods were partaking in at that moment.

As Will inspected the pale boy's hand, he couldn't help but notice a small, thin mark, paler and thicker than the surrounding skin, and hidden by the thick wrist band which the son of Apollo realized he had never seen Nico without.  Before Nico had realized what Will had been staring at, the blond boy pushed the wrist band higher onto the boys arm, revealing the dainty, scar-riddled wrist for Will to see.

Nico frantically yanked his arm from the son of Apollo's grasp, holding it to him and turning his torso away as if to protect his damaged skin.  The son of Hades made sure to keep his eyes locked onto Will's, which were widened with shock and - concern?

The air became thick. Everything was tense and it was as if time itself had stopped, waiting nervously for Will to do something.  Surely he would laugh at the boy.  Nico could already hear the harsh "emo" taunts being yelled in his ear. 

Or perhaps Will would be afraid.  Afraid that Nico was insane, and that at any second he could snap and become homicidal - Nico himself had feared this.

But Will did none of those things.  He simply sat there, Indian-style on Nico's bed, eyes wide in shock.  It seemed like an eternity before the shock wore off from his face.  The wheels were turning in his head, and as he finally was able to wrap his brain around what he had just seen, a small, bitter-sweet smile came over his gentle features, much to Nico's confusion.

As an explanation, Will reached out his own arm for Nico to see, and slowly removed a thick, braided rope bracelet from his own wrist.  Underneath it was a long, thin scar, faded and old, but still shockingly different from the tan, perfect skin that belonged to Will Solace. 

Nico stared at it, donning a similar expression to Will's only seconds before.  He kept glancing from the raised, rough skin to the gentle blue pools of Will's eyes, as if searching for explanation.

"I tried it once." Will broke the thick, heavy silence that seemed to swim around the room. "Didn't like it much, but I tried..."  Ocean blue met gold as they stared into each others very soul.  "So I guess we're both broken, huh..."

This time, it was Nico's turn to smile, leaning close so that their noses were touching.  "But that's the thing about broken things, they tend to fit together nicely."

=*=

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's a wrap!  Thank you all again so my appreciator all of your support and comments and all of that good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all so much, please tell me what you think of the epiloge! :)

I really shouldn't have done this today, but it figures that the only time that I don't have writer's block is when I have a paper due at midnight... wish me luck!  -_-" #I'mdumb