Wave 4

When everything and everyone you loved have been taken away from you and you have nothing left but your own miserable life, ask yourself, is this ruin that's left of your world worth risking the only thing you have left, your life? I have asked myself the same question many times after the third wave, after the day I lost the person that meant the most to me; my sister. That day I felt like all hope had been lost, but I knew I needed to continue surviving, I wasn't going to let the Others win. That is why the answer to the question was 'yes, it's worth it.'The first three waves had taken out most of the people, leaving only the strongest ones who hold onto a single thread to survive, pushing other survivors out of their way and putting their own lives above all others. It was truly 'Every man for himself.'Some survivors were in groups, while others were by themselves. You would have thought at that time that it was better to be surounded by other survivors, since that could increase your chances of surviving through the apocalypse. But as soon as the fourth wave hit, I knew I was wrong.The Others were among us the entire time. That was something I would have never thought to be true before I saw it myself. Camps were destroyed and many lives had been lost by the hands of people we thought were one of us, but we were obviously mistaken.They were hunters. Hiding in the shadows, behind fake smiles, getting close to their prey and killing them as soon as they got the chance to do so, was a simple routine for every hunter. I have watched them with my father for a very long time, trying to figure out the best was of taking them out. But the longer I watched and observed their skills, the smaller the chances were that if I ever got face to face with one of them, that I would survive.