chapter three

Hunting for my mate

Chapter three

Skylar's POV

"Well you know what that means..." I sighed i do not like doing this but for Alice I would take a bullet for her so I hope this isn't worse. She gave me a questioning look which made me sigh. "Shopping." I replied blandly as the word fell off my tongue. She squealed pulling me into another hug, which coming from Alice, I had to accept wrapping my arms around her and taking in a good old best friend moment which made me smile again.

"Okay... I feel the love... you can let go now." I said loosing my precious oxygen that Alice is squeezing from my now now stiff body.She let go of me smiling sheepishly looking down at her hands.

"Well what are you waiting for? Go get up and ready, we're leaving in 20 minutes." I didn't have to say it twice for her to jump up and run for her room. Thinking I might need to tell someone of our disappearance I walked to my best friend - who is also single - Pete's room. Knocking on the door lightly I don't get an answer. Being the devious person I am, I quietly open the door and walk up beside his bed and see him lightly snoring and the quiet mumbles coming from his mouth.

"Pete..." I whisper. No response. "Pete..." I say a little louder. Nothing. Knowing saying his name wont do anything more than what is doing at the moment I back up to his door and gallop catapulting onto him making him shoot up and almost hitting me on the head considering I am sat on his stomach.

"Sky! What the heck did you do that for?" He asked looking annoyed. "If anyone asks me and Alice are going shopping for the party or whatever that is happening tomorrow night." He nodded and layed back down.

Slowly I picked myself up from him and was about to leave when he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. Pulling me back he kissed my cheek and said " I lurve you." Which is a joke we've done since we were little. I pulled back and said "I lava you to," and with that I left and Pete feel back to his some-what peaceful sleep.

Once I got to my room I walked to my closet and grabbed a white guns&roses t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans with blue high top chucks. Grabbing my phone and credit card i stuffed them into my pocket and went to go get Alice for our shopping day.

I opened her dore to find her leaning over her bathroom vanity applying some cover up over her dark circles. I leaned on the door frame watching her until she finished grabbing her purse and chucking her phone into it.

"You look cute. You know you don't have to find you mate until tomorrow, right?" I joked. She rolled her eyes carelessly. "You know if you keep rolling you eyes like that they will eventually fall out of you skull." I said completely serious trying to hold my face before laughing which failed and then this time she joined me.

"Okay come on we have a mall that is needing a few extra bucks in the stores pockets," I said and with that we left for the garage. Opening the car garage door I looked at my Volts wagon eo, hardtop convertible, 2014 model in red facing me. My dream car. I squealed with excitement. To say the least, I LOVE driving my car my car and that is an understatement.

I heard a snicker from beside me. Snapping my head in the direction of Alice I glared at her. "Hey, you know what I love cars and especially mine like you love you make up and tumbler boys with six pack photos, okay?" All she did was giggle and shake he head dramatically back and forth.

Pulling up on the highway that will lead us to the nearest mall I turned up the radio and was pleased when I heard Neon Trees blare through the speakers.

In about 10 minutes I pulled up into a parking space right next to the doors. Hoping out I joined Alice at the entrance to the mall. Pushing the doors open I was face to face with the mixed smells of greece form the food court, perfume and lotion from the body stores, and also the smell of dust that leaked of the walls.