Closet talks -2

Cody is the picture

Get me out of this hell hole.  I've been bored out of my mind for hours now and the party won't be done for a while. 

One of my old friends pats me on the back, "Hey, Tyler, nice to see you."

I smile back at him.  He laughs, "You look miserable, you do know there's a bar right."

He can see from my immediate perkiness that I was interested and he points me over to its direction.  I walk down a hallway and see a bartender giving out drinks.

I sit down, lay my hat to the side, and order straight gin.  I look to my right and see none other than Cody directly next to me.  The bartender sets my drink down. 

Cody probably felt my gaze on him because he turns around and our eyes lock.  I can see why the ladies love this young actor, he's pretty hot.  In a total observant way. 

He looks down at my drink and raises one eyebrow, "Tired of the party life?" 

I laugh, "More like tired of people."  He nods his head in agreement and lifts his glass and I hesitantly lift mine to his.  We take a shot at the same time.  I scrunch my face at the burning sensation.

"This party is more pathetic than that basketball game last night," he says while looking down but I can tell the sentence is directed towards me.  I reluctant smile but do because he can't tell I am.

I can't believe I can relate to something Cody Winters has said.

Instead of ignoring him, I decide to try to have a decent conversation. "Apparently there's no such thing as good refs."

He laughs at this and looks at me with his eyes again.  Man he's something different. 

Cody lifts two fingers up to the bartender.  Once the two drinks are placed we take a shot together again.

I smile, "Trying to get me drunk so you can embarrass me?" I question.

Instead of getting offended he smirks, "I'm not that devious."

"Aye I never trust kids."

His smirk grows, "Kid huh?  Is that what you think of me?"

I start to feel a smile play at my lips as well, "What are you? 20 something?"

His eyebrows raise again, "And you're not?  I'm 24 and you're 26 if I remember correctly so there's not much of an age difference at all."

I shake my head chuckling and take a sip of what's left in my glass, "You're still a kid in my eyes."

He starts to say something but can't because the noise in the room starts to get too loud.  He visibly clenches his jaw.  He motions for the bartender to come near.  He says something to the bartender's but I can't hear.  The bartender comes back with a full bottle.  Cody stands up and whispers in my ear, "Follow me?" 

A bit of wonders if there's a catch to this pops up in my mind but I stand up and follow him.  He opens a door and I see inside there's many coats.  He walks in and I follow. 

"A closet?" I inquire. 

He laughs and shakes the bottle, "Come on let's finish it."

He closes the door behind him and sits on the ground.  I pucker my lips for a second wondering.

"Isn't Angela gonna be wondering where you are?"

He parts his lips for a second before speaking, "Let her."

I sit down next to him and take the bottle from him taking a swig.  I lean my head against the door and let out a chuckle.

He looks at me, "What's so funny?"

I set the bottle down next to me and motion with my hand, "This, this whole situation.  You, me, talking like we're friends.  Never thought this would be how my night would end up." 

He reaches over me and grabs a hold of the bottle but pauses because of how close our faces are from each other.  I can practically feel his alcohol filled breath on me.  We stare at each other for 2 seconds and even though 2 seconds isn't a long time, it definitely feels like it.

He draws back and takes a drink from the bottle, "This is most certainly better than being out there pretending like I care it's this girls birthday.  I don't even know what the hell her name is."

I laugh and lay my head on his shoulder, too tired from mingling and drinking to even care about my actions. 

My head falls forward and I bring it back.  I'm for sure tipsy.

"You okay there," he says with a hint of amusement on his words.

I lift up the okay sign.

I take the bottle back from him again and take another drink but before I can finish he takes it from me.

"Hey," I pout.

"No, you need a break, how else are you gonna drive home tonight."

I huff out a breath knowing he's right.

"When did you become so responsible?" I ask.

"I have no idea," he laughs.

I lift my head up and take a long look into his eyes again.

He gulps and holds up his pinky finger, "Truce?" Deep down its obvious Cody is just a shy kid who only got into the whole acting business just last year but has gained serious popularity.

I bite the insides of my cheek before holding up my pinky finger.  "Truce.  But what are we in third grade?  Told you you're a kid."

He pushes me playfully.  Someone knocks on the door. 

"Once second," he yells out.

He gets off the ground and holds out his hand for me to hold.  He strongly pulls me up.

Cody opens the door to see one furious Angela. 

"Where have you been?" She says but her frown stops when she sees me.  "Oh, were you guys fighting over me?!"

I groan and shove past her not wanting to bother with her drama anymore.  I find the birthday girl and tell her that I'm not feeling good and I basically couldn't have rushed out of the house fast enough. 

Apparently I rushed out so fast that I didn't hear Cody yell after me to tell me that I had left my hat.