Chapter 1

I smirked, pulling back the string on my bow before letting my arrow fly. It hit its target dead on, the werewolf falling limp as the arrow pierced it's skull.
The boy turned to me, shocked.
"Silver?" He asked said in disbelief and something that I couldn't decipher.
"Miss me?" I smirked, laughing fakely.
"What are you doing here? I thought you were gone for good after you found out about..." Alec trailed off, not knowing how to finish.
"Oh trust me, I was. But, your mother called. Something about you not being able to fulfill your duties. Yeah, I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen anymore." I said with annoyance laced in my voice.
"Is-Is she going to make-" he stuttered out.
"I don't know. So why don't you shut up and don't ever mention it again." I snapped at him.
"Look, Silver, I don't care. If it wasn't for you then I would already be leading the institute, not just protecting and looking after it." He spit back, annoyance clear.
"Alec," I started in a sympathetic voice before smiling sarcastically,"I literally could not care less."
"Whatever." He rolled his eyes before they suddenly widened and he ran off.
"Alec! Where the hell do you think you're going you dumbass!" I yelled, running after him. I easily caught up, only to find him running his hands through his hair in distress.
"What the hell Alec!" I yelled, hitting his arm. He was hesitant to answer me, clearly knowing what ever it was would anger me.
"I lost her. She's gone."
"Who?"
"I have to find her, Jace is going to kill me." He skirted around the question.
"Alec, who?" I said more sternly, glaring into his eyes.
"It's all my fault." He again dodged my question.
"Alec! Who the hell is gone and why is it your fault!" I shouted.
"Clary, Clary Fray." Alec let out. My eyes widened in rage.
"You lost Clary fricken Fray! God, Alec how stupid are you! You just lost our only way to find the mortal cup! Do you know what you just did! Great job Alec, really." I seethed. He rolled his eyes, turning around and walking back to the alley we were in. I followed after him and he stopped at the fire escape ladder and motioned for me to go first. I stared at him, could he not see that I was wearing quite possibly the shortest dress in the world and heels taller than his ego.
"Um, no. I am not climbing up a fucking ladder wearing this. Just go up by yourself, I'll keep watch down here."
"You and I both know that's not an option. I'm already gonna hear enough about loosing Clary, my mother would kill me if she found out I left you too. Now, go." He said before picking me up and putting me on the third step of the ladder. I hissed, trying my best to climb the ladder without slipping. I got to the top and stepped onto the platform, instantly greeted with runes of protection when I walked further. Footsteps approached me and I turned around to face Alec.
"Now what?" I asked.
"Now, we go inside and call Jace." He said with a defeated etched onto his face. I rolled my eyes, a real leader would have followed that car. But I wasn't going to tell him that, I'm not supposed to tell him what to do, it's not like it's my job. I'm supposed to guide him or whatever, but that definitely doesn't include cleaning up his messes.