three;

berlin-ry x

1866

Tonight I was going to propose to her. After everything we've been through, after everything we've done, I've decided it was time to make it official. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else but her.

"Thaddeus?"

I stood from the beautiful water fountain and faced her. My bride to be.

"Katerina."

There she stood looking as lovely as ever

There she stood looking as lovely as ever. Katerina and I met two years ago while I was visiting the Salvatores with my father. She so happened to be staying there for a while. We bumped into each other as I was on my way to hang with the Salvatore brothers.

From then on we snuck around. We weren't supposed to be together because my father had set up an arranged marriage for me with someone else. He only did it because she's had a huge crush on me since we were kids. That and they were insanely wealthy.

Katerina didn't like it. She wanted to me all to herself and her wish was soon to be granted.

"I'm so glad you made it." I rushed over and gave her a kiss.

"As do I, my love."

Her eyes held so much passion and love, but I could easily tell something wasn't right by the sound of her voice. It was as if she was hiding something.

"Is everything alright?"

"No. It's The Salvatore Brothers. They're..."

I was worried. What could've possibly happened to Damon and Stefan. My father and I were just over in Mystic Falls to visit two days ago.

"They've been killed, murdered by their own father." She cried clinging onto my shirt for dear life.

"What?" I gasped.

Mr. Salvatore killed his own two sons. And for what? I wrapped my arms around Katerina trying to calm her down.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay. You're fine."

"I'm sorry, Thaddeus. I know how close you were to them."

Me and the boys have been best buddies since we were still crawling. Knowing that they've been killed isn't something that I took lightly.

"Where am I to stay now? I can't go back to that insane man. He'll kill me too."

"No he won't, my dear. Not as long as I'm alive."

As he sniffs grew faint Katerina pulled away from with a smirk.

"Funny you'd say. Thaddeus, my love, I think it is time we spend the rest of our lives together. Forever."

Katerina quickly grasped me by the hair as I was inhumanly sped into a tree stump. My back suddenly ached.

"I've been waiting to do this for the past two years, and I say it's time."

She sunk her teeth into my neck as I yelled out in pain. I tried getting out of her grip, but it was as if she was stronger than me. Stronger than anything.

"You're mine, Thaddeus Quentin. Never forget."