Epilogue

Sebastian let out an enraged howl. Whimpering as if he psychically felt something pulling at the strings of the weakening mate bond.

He knew something was up as soon as he had hugged Brooke and their sparks hadn't been too strong. They were still there due to his own wolf, Bruce. No one knew, Brooke wouldn't feel anything therefore Sebastian decided he should move on for her.

Bruce protested greatly, even threatening to never allow him to shift again. Much to his displeasure, nothing worked.

"Hey," Sebastian greeted Elcia smoothly, kissing her forehead. Yet, the words of Elcia being someone else had got him thinking.

As if you ever use your brain you inconsiderate cow! Bruce growled at him.

As soon as a scream disentangled itself from his previous mate's lips he sprinted in the direction in which it came from.

Brooke felt as if she were about to throw up, whimpering at every sound and word that escaped and made it through the walls of her chamber. Sebastian had long ago tied her up, she wanted the pain to go away. And if death was the only process, then so be it.

"Kill me!" Brooke roared at Sebastian, she knew her words held great deals of insanity but couldn't seem to stop talking.

"Please," she whispered. "The poison - Just get it over with."

"No," he replied coldly. Brooke resisted the urge to cry and instead settled with a sad smile, Sebastian chose to stay silent and unwrapped the rope from her arms.

"Good bye Sebastian."

Those were Brooke's tired words before Sebastian drew her in for one last kiss, holding her tightly in his arms. Something he'd wanted to do for the long months they had been together.

"Don't leave me," he decided to finally give up and used a much weaker, vulnerable tone.

"I don't need to Sebastian, you already did that for me." Brooke replied, her eyes captivated his own.

"I love you Brooke, please don't-" He cried out in agony as her body fell limp into his arms.

He checked for her pulse. Nothing.

"Brooke, please. This joke you are playing at, it isn't funny! Open your eyes," he begged pathetically. Shaking her body he frantically searched the area in which he had kept her in. Hoping that maybe, just maybe, something . . . anything, could save his mate from death itself.

He knew though, that nothing could truly do such a thing. Nothing could save the other halve of his soul that he had grown to love. Nothing could help him with this horrid mess he had created.

He stayed like that, just laying there with his mate in his arms until the sun had set.

Yet, he paid no notice to his mate's murderer seething silently in the back ground and instead continued to weep.

Bruce desperately broke for freedom and started to howl. Howling for forgiveness upon the moon as this would not be forgotten.

He had failed her. He was a failure of a mate.

~~~~~~~~~
VOTE|COMMENT|FOLLOW

There's the ending to the book... I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it. It's not the ending you want I know, I'm sorry. This is what was planned from the beginning, I probably should've mentioned that before.

One more thing, any questions for the characters feel free to ask them in the next chapter in which the questions will be answered.

The characters as real wattpadians (this was sorted out ages ago, back when I was writing this but differently). Go give these people a follow, they are absolutely amazing!

Brooke as myself.

Tiana as Dimitrilover1981

Lucas/Elcia as XMysteriousPurpleX

Nat as Skaloa

Rose as always_dreaming3163

Person lurking in the shadows as Book-Lover-74

Lol, I didn't want you to miss out as you were a great reader :)

P.S I just recently changed the book title from Howling For Mercy to Howling For Forgiveness as it suited the book more... :)