Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Climbing out of the taxi Cassie looked around her. The hotel was absolutely exquisite, with Greek architecture most prominent, but yet it held a modern twist to it that somehow enhanced the place instead of making it look trendy and all modern.

She was sure that it held the history of the many years that Greece was well known for and she couldn't wait to start exploring.

"It's beautiful..." she whispered, taking in the scenery before being ushered inside the grand hotel. The inside was even more grand than the outside if that was even possible, with old and new blending in together to form an amazing reception area to the one side, with a dining room leading to the other side.

Cassie couldn't help but stare around her like a mad woman, her eyes drawing everything in, the striking scheme of the hotel walls, in rich colours of gold, cream and butterscotch.

The hotel had to be one of the oldest ones in all of Greece, yet it had to be the best preserved she remembered reading that titbit of information on the net when she had first been offered the job.

With the Corinthian styled columns bringing ancient Greece back to life, the modern chandeliers hanging from the roof, bringing bright light into the hotel. The patterns were of a more modern kind blending well with the old Gothic architecture.

Cassie smiled brightly at the man by the reception desk, "Reservation for Cassie Giannopoulos."

"Ah...yes. You have room number 255 on the 6th floor, Miss Giannopoulos. I hope you enjoy your stay, and please don't hesitate to call down if you're in need of anything," Cassie smiled warmly at the man, not noticing how the male receptionist was looking her up and down in open admiration.

She didn't seem to realise the effect she had on men, with her green almost emerald coloured eyes, her long golden blonde hair that reached past her shoulders in a cascading wave of elegance and beauty.

She didn't notice the elegance of her face, or the delicate picture she portrayed with her soft smile and soft full lips.

She had an arresting face, no one could deny that, especially with her beautiful, delicate features, a figure to go with her striking features, even though it was a little on the full side. To the outside world Cassie Elena Giannopoulos would seem to have it all, beauty, brains and money, but what truly made her amazing was the fact that she seemed to be unaware of her beauty, of the powerful attraction that brought men to watch her with lust filled eyes.

"Come on Cassie," Edward smiled at the young woman, watching as she looked around her, taking in the grandeur of the place. He'd known that she would love the hotel.

She'd always been so fascinated with Greece, everything about the country had drawn her in. Of course it had to do with the fact that her descendents where from Greece as well. He could understand the fascination with the country―it was glorious.

Taking the elevator to their separate rooms, they set up the time they would meet up for the grand charity ball which would be taking place that very night, in honour of GICH (Global Institution of Children Healthcare), where all three would be the guest of honours and speakers―though Cassie would be attending as the head of the organisation which she'd started three years back.

"It is three o'clock now, shall we meet up at eight?" With a firm nod from his companions—Edward who was on the first floor—stepped out of the elevator making his way to his own room.

Cassie on the sixth floor then said her goodbyes to both Amanda and Adrian, but before she left a small voice called her back, "Will you come and say goodnight aunty Cassie?" Amanda was looking up at her pleadingly, her bright blue eyes imploring her to agree.