Jean x Anosmiac!Reader

For the many who don't know, Anosmia is the inability to smell. In other words, if someone passes gas you're not gonna smell it.

Working in a flower shop never was a problem for you. Most people who came in would ask how you could stand being in a store that smelled of so many different kinds of flowers. You always smiled and told them you enjoyed the smell, that it kept you calm.

But, in all honesty, you couldn't smell anything. An accident years ago took it from you. It never stopped you, though. Sure, you could no longer enjoy the smell of food like you used to, but you got used to it. The only time you hated your disability was when people asked you which flower you thought smelled best.

Which your boyfriend, Jean, was asking you now. He didn't know you couldn't detect smells since you saw no reason to tell him.

"Come on, [y/n]. There's got to be some kind of flower you enjoy the smell of most." He said while poking your nose.

Huffing, you swatted his hand away from your face and went back to arranging a bouquet of carnations.

"I enjoy skunk cabbage." You lied, just to get him to stop bothering you.

Jean scrunched his nose, a look of disgust on his face but said nothing as he left the store. You could only hope that when you got home, he didn't pester you anymore.

When you got home that evening you were prepared to deal with Jean asking about what kind of flower you thought smelled best. What you didn't expect was to find Jean just about hanging out the window, your cat laying on his back as if he'd been there for awhile.

"Uh... Jean, why are you hanging out the window?" You asked, tossing your keys into the bowl besides the door.

"Can't you smell that?" Jean gagged, not retreating back into the room.

Confused, you walked over to him and stuck your head out the window to look at him.

"Smell what, exactly?"

Jean looked up at you as if you were crazy for a moment before retreating back into the house, the cat jumping off his back and running further into the house. You pulled your head back, looking up slightly at Jean.

"How can you not smell it? I got you one of those plants you said you liked and your stupid cat tried to eat one of the leaves. The house has been smelling like skunk since."

Blinking, you just stared at him for a moment.

"I'm not even going to ask where you found one, since knowing you, you probably got Marco to help. But, what I'd like to know is why you didn't once think that maybe I lied?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"What... you lied to me?!" Jean cried, staring at you.

Sighing, you nodded and put your hand up to prevent Jean from saying anything.

"I have anosmia, I can't smell. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to start thinking you had to do everything for me since I rather enjoy cooking, even if I can't smell what I made." You said, your voice calm.

Jean just stared at you for a moment.

"So, that time when you burnt lunch you couldn't smell it?"

"Nope."

Again, Jean just stared at you as if processing what he was just told. He was quiet for a few moments before huffing and beginning to walk up the stairs.

"The plant is in the kitchen, you can get rid of it." He yelled as he disappeared onto the second floor.

"Wait, what?! I'm not the one who bought it!" You yelled back, rushing up the stairs after him.