10

I didn't think about how tired I was until my head hit the pillow. I could hear the family outside late into the night talking and laughing, but I didn't listen too intently. I just remembered waking up the next morning with the light streaming through the curtains and the sound of light guitar being played down the hallway.

I sat up and sighed before putting my hair up in a pony tail and pulling on a sun dress. I made my way slowly downstairs to see Stormie hovering over a stove and two girls playing cards at a table. "Morning Nikki..." Rydel called to me.

"Good morning..." I mumbled back, "That bed was really comfortable."

"Rocky always has the most comfortable bed." Rydel concluded, "That's just how it is. We can't explain it."

"Well, I'll be sure to tell him that." I giggled and sat down at the table next to them. I watched the girls play cards and Stormie brought me a waffle without my asking. "Aww, thank you so much Stormie." I thanked her kindly and she came to sit down with us.

"You're so welcome... So happy to have another girl to play cards with... Those boys all get up so early to surf it's crazy. 6:30 Rocky was up and dressed. Never seen that boy get more excited about anything but that and his first kiss." She giggled to herself.

"Mom." Rydel warned quietly.

"Oh, sorry..." She looked at me, "He's very private, I'm guessing you've learned."

"Very..." I sighed and took a bite of my food, "He's opening up, but it's slow. I spend days with him and maybe learn one thing about him."

"He likes it that way... I'm surprised he even allowed you to come around us so early. He said you'll be with him for eight weeks?" Stormie questioned.

"He... invited me this weekend. I didn't ask... I hope you didn't think I brought myself. I can't believe he even mentioned me..." I laughed out loud, "But yeah, eight or a bit less."

"Oh dear, we love having more people around either way. And you're a sweet girl." Stormie sipped her coffee and laughed, "He didn't shut up about you."

I looked up quickly and Rydel hissed, "Mom."

"Sorry." She got quiet and closed her eyes, "I need to stop talking!" She laughed to herself.

Rydel shouted that she won the game and we started a round with all four of us, although I had no idea as to what they were playing. "How long does this paper have to be?" Rydel questioned.

"No minimum or maximum. My professor just said she wants it to be like she's known the person her whole life." I sighed, "It's a challenge doing Rocky for sure." I nodded and laughed.

"Rocky what?" Rocky said as he and Riker came through the door. Rocky was wearing his bodysuit for surfing. "Morning Nicole." He said lowly, "Sleep well?"

"I did thanks," I smiled at him and more of the boys came closer to us.

Stormie scrunched her nose, "You all smell like the ocean."

"Well, if you would all come outside, we could smell like ocean together." Riker commented.

"I'll join..." Rydel got up, "Anyone else?"

I looked at Rocky as if for permission and he raised his eye brows, "Don't feel obligated."

"I'll go out." I got up from the table, "Is the water cold?"

"Very." Ross spoke up, "It's great."

"Sweet." I smiled and nodded, "I'll be back."

Rydel went upstairs a bit before me and the second we got around the corner she gripped my hand, "What's up with you two?"