thrєє: rσαѕt muttσn

Everyone and everything has a time to die.

THE road was a sloppy mess, it had begun raining just moments after the company had awakened and packed

THE road was a sloppy mess, it had begun raining just moments after the company had awakened and packed. Their clothing was soaked and they all appeared cold and tired, none looked more miserable than Bilbo. Arethusa, however, quite enjoyed the rain. She found the way the drops of water kissed her skin to be refreshing and welcome, Fili looked to his side as she trotted along with Mazey, almost smiling. "Fairies," the word was muttered under his breath in exasperation but Arethusa had heard him and shot the blond dwarf a scowl.

"Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" She couldn't quite recall the name of the dwarf that had spoken, she believed it was Dori but wasn't entirely sure.

"It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard." She shared a small laugh at the response and fell back to ride next to Bofur. The rain soon passed and when the sky cleared the sun was near setting. All halted on an open plain, nearby was an old farmhouse that had been burnt, nothing but pieces of the wooden frame remained along with the stone hearth.

An ill omen fell over the home, Arethusa slipped off of the back of her pony and walked next to Gandalf. Hesitantly she placed her hand on one of the wooden boards that had been charred but instantly she pull back her hand, cradling it against her chest as if it had been struck by a serpent. "I feel death here. We should move on, Gandalf. Something is amiss." Her violet eyes searched over the wizard's face as Thorin approached.

"Quite right, Arethusa." The fairy lowered her head and moved on to rejoin the rest of the dwarves. "I think it would be wiser to move on. We could make for the Hidden Valley." Gandalf's voice projected over the mumblings of the company. Bilbo's attention was caught at the mention of Imraldis, Arethusa longed to see Elrond and Arwen again, it had been too long since she had seen them. Elrohir and Elladan she had seen while visiting with the Dúnedain Rangers.

The wizard nearly trampled over the small fairy as he stomped away from the company. "Everything alright? Gandalf, where are you going?" Bilbo trailed behind him for only a couple of steps, Arethusa did not like the thought of being left alone with all the dwarves without his company.

His reply made the fairy glower at the back of his head, "To seek the company of the only one around here who's got any sense."

The fairy gave Bilbo a look that said not to say anything more, but of course, he did not heed her words. "Who's that?" The curious hobbit asked.

"Myself, Mr. Baggins! I've had enough of dwarves for one day." As have I, Arethusa bit back in her mind. She turned and faced the company before wondering off herself, unsheathing her dirk, the fairy knelt down beside a patch of kingsfoil. Tucking the herb into her pouch, Arethusa stood and wiped off her hands before looking up at the canopy of trees only to see red fruits with shining skins. Apples. The branch was too far above her head, had Gandalf been nearby he could have easily reached one of the lower fruits.