Sobbing in the rain

"Friday last lesson" Madeline sighed to herself, rolling her eyes as she walked into English. She glanced over to a little curly blonde called Ellie but quickly turned away as her cheeks flushed red. She spent the whole class stuck in wonderland, thinking how much she wanted... Needed to love and give it all to this girl. But since she blocked her on Instagram after a few inconveniences she knew there was no chance in love blooming. "Madeline!" Mrs Dungle yelled over, knocking the girl out of her daydream "I can see your not working over there so please move" she stared, pointing at the chair next to Ellie. Maddy tried to swallow a lump in her throat before slowly walking over, trying to avoid the one she admired most. Everybody seemed to glare straight at her with piercing eyes. She pointed her eyes in Ellie's direction to see her biting her lip slightly. She started feeling overwhelmed by the stares so she put her head in her hands.

The lesson had ended and Maddy was feeling emotional, so many thoughts spun around her head and before she knew it everyone had walked out of the classroom... everyone except Ellie.

The tall girl soon realised this and gasped in response. The shorter blonde looked at her from across the room. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. Madeline looked up "um I - uh, I'm good thanks" She managed to speak out with her quivering lips.

Ellie walked over, every step she took, Madeline fell in love with her even more. Maddy looked toward the smaller girl, trying to control her breathing. "Maddy ... I" the girls cheeks flushed a sweet shades of Crimson over her little freckles.

Madeline looked down at the floor "Why do you hate me?" The dark brunette suddenly blurted out, she smacked her hand over her mouth in response. Ellie looked up, her eyes filling slightly with sadness. "M-Maddy.. I ... Don't-"
Just then they both turned to see an angry Mrs Dungle raising one eye brow at the door "girls the bell went ten minutes ago" Ellie squeezed her eyes in embarrassment. "I have to go Mads" she smiled sadly and ran out the room leaving the poor, confused brunette slightly broken. "Come on! Get your jaw off the floor and scram!" The teacher pointed out the door. "Uh yeah" the girl scurried getting all the papers together in a rush before pushing them into her bag. She looked around and picked up a piece of paper on the floor before walking out "bye miss" "see you tomorrow Miss Ilsley".

Madeline started to walk out of school and sighed again, this time in sadness. The skies were going grey and the girl dragged her feet. What was Ellie going to say to her? "Stupid teachers, Mrs bloody Dungle" she mumbled angrily.

The rain got heavier and Madeline felt like she sinking in deep negativity. "It didn't really happen though did it?" She thought.

Just then something caught her eye, she looked up to see a younger girl. She slowly walked closer until she could figure out that it was.... Ellie?

"What took you so long?" The girl frowned. "Ellie, oh my gosh what-" then Maddy looked down at the folded piece of paper in her hands "Maddy,
Meet me on the way out,
El xoxoxo" it read with cute little squiggles along the side. Maddy looked at her in shock as Ellie giggled. "I guess we're equal now" she winked. They laughed at the comment. "I suppose so"

•••••••••••••

As they laughed, the sun peered out sending warmth to the girls. "You're soaking" Ellie cooed while moving a bit of hair away from Madeline's face, she quivered at the touch. "You should see yourself" she smiled.

Maddy looked into Ellie's eyes for a few seconds, she started to get lost in them until the sparkles faded away. "A-Are you okay?" Maddy questioned, gently putting a few hairs behind the other girls ear.

"I'm so sorry" she looked down "I didn't want to pretend I hated you, I promise, I wanted to fit in but people were being horrible towards you when they heard you.. Liked me." She scratched her arm nervously and continued "I was so stupid to give the wrong impression to you Maddy. I... I think.." She slowly looked up at the mesmerised girl "I think I'm in love with you..." by this point, both of their cheeks were bright red and there was a glow in her eyes "I love you too... Ellie"

Silence fell between them both as they gazed into each others eyes. Before they knew it they were both leaning in slowly, closing their eyes. Madeline snaked her arms around the girls waist as Ellie held her cheek and back. Suddenly their lips clashed and they suddenly felt fluttering and sparks in their bodies.

When the girls separated you could see the massive smiles on their faces, to Maddy that smile was perfection, she loved everything about it.
"That's everything I've always wanted" the little blonde girl smiled before they intertwined fingers and walked home together.