Prologue

Hey everyone!

     I have officially decided to write my first story here on Wattpad! As you all may not know, I am a HUGE post-apocalyptic/sci-fi and Harry Styles junkie, so I thought "Why not morph them together?" and I did! Insurrection follows Nova Opium and Harry Styles as they navigate their way through their currently crushed society. I really hope you enjoy and stick with me throughout this journey, and please, I urge that you vote and comment for this story and recommend it to your peers (only if you like it!). Without further or do... Insurrection.  *Italics symbolize a point in the future/past (in this case the future)*                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

      "She talks about you like you put the stars in the sky, the breath in her lungs, the fuse to the flame. When she looks at you her eyes grow the size of the moon. She doesn't love you, man, no that's not it. It's something more. I can't explain it. It just is.

       "That girl will do anything for you. She's proven that. The fear of seeing you in pain is too great it nearly becomes her. Her love for you withers and clouds her judgement so dearly that she makes decisions revolving around you without much as realizing how cynical they are.

       "She likes to think you met her at a library and picked her up off the shelf only to read her like the open book she is; like the way you've always had. Listen, I don't see how you think she doesn't love you. The two of you are so strung up for each other that you fear the other might loosen the strings and run away... The two of you must realize the love you guys hold isn't sordid and terrible, but peaceful in its occurrence. Even in the cruel world we live in, there is one thing that can keep us all together, and that is love"

     His words hit me like a ton of bricks. We sit in silence for a while, listening to the soft sound of the wind and staring out at the stars that sing against the sky. Miles away, we can hear the faint sound of gunshots but that doesn't matter. I used to think that now, in this cruel planet that we live on, there was nothing to live for. We simply just survived.

    Oh I was indeed very wrong. Everyone had something to live for, and mine had been in front of me all this time.

LOTS OF LOVE, -Crystal