Answers

'I want answers, but do I really have to wait all day? Can I really trust Shadow? I mean, I know he's Chaos' mother, but he's the most wanted living thing...' Thoughts like these were going through Silver's mind as he walked to work. He was purely confused as of what to do, and it's not like he can ask anybody for advice. 'These dreams are starting to get real... I can see that most of the people from my dream are dead, but I definitely didn't see that purple cat... What was her name again? Didn't it have something to do with fire?'

"Blaze..." He said aloud, as if the name was the most precious thing to say. He realized that Blaze was his only friend in that dream, just as Chaos is his only friend in real life, but he had no idea who she was. She wasn't a name in the graves, and he hadn't seen her anywhere around. It's almost as if she didn't even exist.

'Or from a completely different dimension.' a part of his brain told him. That made him stop for a moment. Another dimension... Could it be possible? That would be the only other explanation if Blaze wasn't a figment of his imagination. Another dimension...

He continued walking, the stench of smog filling his nose and going to his lungs. He coughed out. Might want to be more careful...

"Agent Silver." He turned around to see a red and black robot standing a couple feet before him. His red eyes stared down at the young hedgehog, causing him to shiver in slight fear. This was the best attack robot that G.U.N. had: E-123 Omega...

"Y-Yes Omega?" Silver said, standing straight like a military soldier.

"You have a mission. Report to the commander immediately." Omega's robotic voice echoed through the hedgehog's ears and shook throughout his body.

"Y-Yes, sir!" Silver said and obediently ran to the headquarters of his job. Omega scared him... a lot. That machine, he was told, was purely made to kill. Those beady red eyes helped justify that. Silver quickly walked to the commander's office and knocked.

"Yes?" the commander asked through the door.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Silver asked.

"Yes, come in."

Silver opened the door and walked in, sitting on the plush, velvet red chair in front of the dark brown, oak desk. He sat there, waiting for the human to talk.

"As you know, we have been trying to track down Project: Shadow." he started. Silver nodded. "I have found that he might be hiding somewhere near. Somewhere we would never expect. I want you on the case."

"M-Me!?" Silver stared at his boss with disbelief. "B-But sir I'm only a rookie! Wouldn't you feel safer with a pro on the case?"

"I trust you to find him and bring him here. Along with any of his associates, if he has any. He is known to be independent. Is that understood?"

Silver nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Then go. It might take you a while to find him, but don't give up."

"Yes, sir." Silver said as he walked out. What is he going to do now?

_____________________________________

Shadow sat beside Sonic's grave, waiting for Silver. The hedgehog couldn't think about anything other that this strange encounter. He sighed and looked at the grave, the name seeming to glow in the dark. "Is this suppose to be a sign...?"

The wind blew softly, tickling his ears. He could almost imagine that Sonic was the cause of this. The hedgehog loved to mess around with the ebony's ears, much to Shadow's dislike. Shadow's ears twitched as he heard a cracking twig. He turned to look, but just found Silver.

"So, you finally came, huh?" Shadow huffed, turning his gaze back to the grave. The kid just nodded and walked towards him, sitting down beside him. They quietly stared at the grave, memorizing the words engraved in the rock. Finally, Silver piped up.

"You're suppose to just be a dream... a figment of my imagination... What's going on here?"

Shadow's eyes stayed on the grave. "That was no dream, kid..."

"What do you mean?"

Shadow sighed. "It was our timeline, but Sonic managed to erase it... We are no longer living in that timeline."

"So... It was real?"

"Yes."

"I'm not just going crazy?"

"No."

Silver sighed in relief at the realization. It was real.

"But what about Blaze?"

"What?"

"Blaze." Silver looked through the graves. "She's not here... Was she just a part of my imagination?"

Shadow didn't answer, which made Silver a bit nervous. The silence was deafening, but finally Shadow gave him an answer.

"She is far away from here now."

Well, that didn't help.

"Where?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Fine then."

"Where are you going!?"

"Nowhere."

"Get back here!"

"Why?"

"Because I'm not done talking to you!"

"I got my answers."

"But there's more!"

"Nah, I'm good."

"No, wait! They all think I'm crazy!"

"Maybe you are. That's not mine to decide, Shadow."

"What's that suppose to mean!?"

Silver turned around, a sudden wind surrounding him. "I don't know you well enough to come to a decision yet."

Shadow's ears went back with a growl. "I thought I could trust you with this information! You don't trust me."

Silver just shrugged. "I still don't know. I was told by G.U.N. that you were a menace."

Shadow growled. "Of course they did. All they want is me sealed away."

"And why is that?"

"They want my power to use as a weapon." Shadow's ears went back. "I worked hard to keep away from them for over 300 years..."

Silver stared in uncertainty at the trees before him. All of these things were swarming in his mind with no escape.

"Silver... You have to believe me..."

He started walking away from the hedgehog. "We'll see..."

Shadow stayed silent, so Silver took that as his cue to leave...

He was going to find Blaze by himself.