A Walk on the Wild Side

It was a few days later.

I noticed that my daylight necklace was gone, groaning slightly, looking up at the skylight that was a few feet away.

The sun had started to rise, above the skylight, the sunlight streaming in, toward me, starting to burn my skin, making me groan in pain.

I slid back as far as the chains would allow to get out of the sunlight, but since I was struggling with the chains, it made more vervain be pumped into my system.

The vampire guards were watching, smirking smugly.

I glared at them tiredly. "What are you all smiling at? This is nothing compared to what I'm planning to do to each and every one of you when I get free. I mean, you guys are younger than the others? The newbies? That's why they stuck you with babysitting duty, right? Because all the lot of you are are boring, obeying, weak lapdogs." One of the vampires lost his patience, lunging toward me. I used the chain shackling one of my arms to wrap around his neck, restraining him, making him face the others, using my other hand to punch into his back and grip his heart. "Point made and proven. Now let me go or your buddy here loses his heart." They looked at each other, wanting to make a move, but hesitating. I looked between them. "What? No volunteers."

Aya walked in. "They know better than to let you go in exchange for his life because they know the price of it would be theirs."

"Fine," I told them, ripping out the vampire's heart, killing him, pushing him to the floor in front of us, throwing it at Aya.

Aya caught it, speaking to the other vampires without taking her eyes away from me. "Leave us." The vampires walked out, leaving. I looked at the blood on my hand hungrily. "Oh, you don't look so good, darling."

"That happens when you starve me," I told her.

Aya stepped closer. "You're right. We're not very good with our manners. First, not introducing ourselves, and then not offering you anything to eat. How will this do?"

Aya forced the heart into my mouth, closing my jaw around it, making me eat and swallow, making me cough and gasp for breath.

It was disgusting, but the blood...

I didn't know if it was worth it or not.