JJ Watt for Ellie.

I adjusted my socks and tied my sneakers, standing up to join my team. I flipped my blonde hair down, putting it in a ponytail. Looking at our opponents, I got a little nervous. This team was angry, bigger than the rest of us and one of the girls had already made clear that she didn't like me too much. Volleyball is a tough sport and winning the championship is a big deal.

Trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach, I jogged over to my boyfriend JJ Watt.

"Hey babygirl," he smiled. It was clear he wasn't worried about me losing, but I certainly was. I guess he noticed it too as I played with my fingers, avoiding his eyes. "What's wrong babe?"

"I don't know. Just nerves," I mumbled. JJ took my hands in his, looking into my eyes.

"You're going to do amazing Ellie. Don't stress," he said, kissing my forehead. I nodded and smiled, thinking of how lucky I am to have such a great boyfriend. JJ was always so good at cheering me up and always knew what to say. My coach blew the whistle and I ran over to my team on the sidelines.

"Alright girls, this is a tough team but as long as we stay grounded, we got this. Keep your guard up and don't let anything they do get to you. Let's get this championship!" my coach said as all of us put our hands in.

"1! 2! 3! Let's go!" we cheered as we got in position.

The game was going horribly so far. We were losing by 15 points and some of the girls seemed to be giving up. I watched as the ball came near me and I jumped up to spike it.

As I came back down, I let out a little scream of agony, hearing a pop and feeling pain that I've never felt before. I laid on the floor, tears streaming down my face. A paramedic rushed to my side asking me questions.

"Can you walk? Can you move at all?"

I said no to most of them and closed my eyes tightly in pain. I felt a bit dizzy and nauseous. Feeling myself being lifted up, I opened my eyes, meeting JJ's.

"It hurts so bad," I cried and snuggled into his chest.

"I know babe, but you're gonna be alright," he replied. I was placed on a stretcher and into the back of an ambulance along with JJ. He held my hand the whole time, telling me that everything was going to be okay.

Later, I got my knee wrapped up and was still in a lot of pain. The doctors said I tore my ACL and wouldn't be able to play again for six months to a year. That upset me more than anything. Volleyball was the one thing I enjoyed the most.

After a few hours, I was able to go home. JJ carried me inside and up the stairs to our bedroom and put me gently on the bed. He helped me into my pajamas before getting in bed next to me. We watched a bit of TV and cuddled but most of the time, I was focused on him. I couldn't stop thinking about how I managed to get a guy like him. Honestly, I didn't deserve him. JJ's voice took me out of my reverie and I looked at him.

"Hmm?" I said, snapping out of my trance.

"I said why do you keep looking at me like that?" he asked, running his fingers through my hair gently.

"Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you. You do so much for me," I responded as I blushed and looked down.

"Well you deserve the world baby," JJ answered and kissed my forehead. "Now get some rest. You've had a long day."

He reached over, turning off the lamp and I cuddled closer to him.

"I love you JJ," I stated.

"I love you too Ellie," he replied and pecked my lips.

JJ was the best boyfriend I could ask for and I don't know what I'd do without him.

Soon, my eyes became tired and I felt myself dosing off, letting sleep take over me.

**********

Sorry this took so long babes and that it's a bit short! It's clear I know like nothing about volleyball but I hope you liked it Ellie! elliesoftball_