Chapter One

Disclaimer: I do not own the Teen Titans.

First came the twins. When I looked down at them, I saw happiness and heard her squealing in the back of my mind. So, Gar and I decided to give them names that meant happiness. The first twin born was a girl; we named her Azura. I was surprised to see that she inherited my gray-pale skin and shiny purple hair, yet she had her father's dark green eyes. Her red chakra gleamed in the hospital's bright lights. I didn't have but a few seconds to honor her beauty before my boy, Asher, came into the world kicking and screaming. Asher looked just like his sister, minus the chakra. They were the most beautiful children. Gar was practically bouncing up and down when he saw we had boy-girl twins, and not two girls. He always told me how much he wanted a son and about how two girls was too much work. I have to say, I agree with him.

Azura and Asher were decent kids to say they were Gar's. Growing up, Azura was very independent while Asher clung to her and followed her lead in pretty much anything. When Azura took her first steps towards her father, Asher stood right up and about ran after her as if he was saying, "Hey! I can walk too!" They both had the same first word, much to Gar's disappointment; their first word was screaming "NO" when my poor husband tried spoon feeding the twins tofu. I wish I had a camera when that all went down.

As the twins got older we noticed personality wise, Azura was like me, while Asher seemed to be split down the middle. Half of him was me, while the other half was Gar. Azura was very mature, like myself, and an early riser as well. She enjoyed reading and drinking tea. She was quiet and kept to herself most days while she meditated on the roof. Meanwhile, Asher despised tea and only meditated when his sister asked him to join her. He slept in late like Gar, yet read countless books with Azura. Asher was more open and talkative, yet still calm and composed. Despite these differences, they were still twins after all. They had their similarities, like their huge love for waffles and taste in clothing and music. They have also always been very bright for their age, usually they were at the top of their classes. The two spent so much time together, we knew that if Asher wasn't with us he was with Azura and vice versa.

When it comes to powers, Azura and Asher have mostly mine. The only thing they inherited from Gar was his heightened animal senses, pointed ears, and fangs. Their powers first showed up when they were about five. One day we were just sitting together watching some stupid children's movie, the next minute my twins were levitating above the couch. Ever since then, we took time each day to train the twins so that they could control their powers and know how to use them responsibly.

When Asher and Azura were about nine I gave birth to Gar and I's last child, Esmeralda. If anyone didn't know, Esmeralda means "Emerald". I bet you can guess why we named her that. Esmeralda was born with green skin and dark green hair. She had pointed ears and was a spitting image of my husband, except for her eyes and her chakra. Esmeralda was born with dark violet eyes and a bright red chakra just like me. I could tell from the moment Gar set eyes on her that she was his new favorite. I honestly didn't blame him; after nine years of his kids not having much of a strong connection with him through their powers, like they did with me, he finally had someone he could take under his wing, literally.

In her first years of life, Esmeralda was all Gar. She was loud and playful and laughed at about everything. She refused to eat any meat or stay quiet for more than a few minutes. She talked very early. Her first words, to my embarrassment were "animal killer" as she screamed at Cyborg for eating a hamburger at a cookout. No doubt in my mind that she heard Gar say it about a million times around the house and found it amusing. After all, those two were attached at the hip ever since she came home from the hospital.

When Esmeralda's powers came in Gar was overjoyed. Of course she inherited all of Gar's powers, heightened senses and animal shape shifting. It was actually kind of cute. She would just mimic whatever animal Gar turned into. Imagine seeing two green squirrels running around while you're cooking dinner. That is my life. Days after Esmeralda's fifth birthday, we noticed that she had a pinch of my powers. She had empathy, I could tell by how she knew what was on everyone's mind without even taking to them. Or seeing them. Then I noticed one day that she could make solid constructs with her mind when Asher scared her and without thinking she made a small black force field. It wasn't strong like mine or the twin's of course, but it was noticeable enough for us all to see.