One Last Ride

April 13,2011

Another day to say hello to the world. Another day to thank God. Another day to smile because sooner or later, I will see the most perfect man I've ever had. Of course he's just next to dad.

I am packing all my things for another adventure. It's my day five here in Paris and I'm looking for something fun and adventurous.Like climbing hills, sight seeing over mountains, bathing in clear waters, and taking selfies over wild forests. It's kinda weird but it makes me feel so happy.

I moved out the room with big my backpack. I just finished my shoe laces and then someone knock on my door. Then I opened it and saw the man I've been waiting for.

As a clingy girlfriend, I grab his neck and kissed him in his lips to say good morning. Well that's my way of greeting him. He smiled at me and my heart began to beat like drums and butterflies in my stomach are getting wild. It always feel like the very first time he said hi to me.

He grabbed my things, and we made our way unto his car. He gently opened the passenger's seat and I hopped in. He placed my thing at the back seat, then we leave.

The whole ride was fun. I enjoyed the view and felt so happy that he was with me that time. Everytime I glanced unto him, he smiled at me. His left hand was manipulating the car while the right hand is holding mine. Almost every minute he kiss my hand and he would say "I love you".

We were listening to the sweet music playing on the radio. We both sang our favorite songs even if were out of tune. I captured some photo of us for a great reminded that for once, we've been free from the world that stress us.

Then just a second, the iced road broke the fun. He got panicked, he cannot control the car and the slippery road, he lose the breaks. We bumped into a bridge with a strong impact. I was thrown away from the car. I felt pain, I felt a crack on my right leg and a break into my face. My body was wet, maybe because of the blood flowing into my body. But it felt so cold like an open fridge in front of me. Then, just a split second, everything was dark and everything shut down.

~
I opened my eyes and look around. I've never been to this place. I saw white walls and a table full of fruits. I wanna get up but it feels like I'm stuck in this bed. Then I realized there are tubes connected in my body. What just happened?

The door opened and I am surprised to see mom. The last thing I remember I am in Paris and she's in Manila. But why is she here? She was astonished to see me smiling. She run towards me hugged me tight and thank God that I finally woke up after 3 weeks.

Wait, what? 3 weeks? I've been lying here for three weeks? How about my vacation here in Paris with my girl? Oh yes my girl, where is she?

Another person entered the room and I saw her mom. Yea, my future mother. The last thing I remembered, I was about to propose to her while driving on our way to the mountains. Did she said yes? Damn, why can't I remember a thing?

Her mom approached me and cried so hard. She hugged me tight and it feels like I can't breath. She was sobbing at me and she keeps on saying the words she is gone.

Tears are falling down on my face. I can't believe she is gone. I try to get up to find her body, to hug her but I can't. I have a break on ny right leg.

"Rescuers keep on finding her in the river where you crashed but they found nothing. No dress, accessories or her dead body."

For somehow I gained some strength. Maybe she's still alive, maybe she's trapped in an island, or maybe she, she's away, far away from me where only heavens can reach her.

Winter, spring, summer, and fall. Many seasons have passed but I still did not see her. Every time the 13th of April comes, I'm always in the bridge where I lost her. I even have to leave my work for how many days just to fly in Paris and bring flowers into the river.

Almost 5 years have passed but the wound keeps on reminding me how careless I am. I lost her, because I am damn clumsy driver. I always blame myself for that.

~

I got a new job in a new place. America quite so boring so it feels so exciting to be here in the Philippines. I heard people are hospitable and nice here. They got many recipe for your craving belly. I also have my new workmates and they are nice Filipinos. Still lucky my husband is a surgeon and he can immediately work here in this new place.

One of the filipino employee I met seemed so strange. I heard a lot from him. He's been torn into pieces since the day he lost his girl. I feel sorry for that but I think he should never bring bad moods in the company.

One time he approach me and ask me if he can hug me. I feel so strange, my husands gonna kill me. But he smile at me and said I remind him of his gal. Somehow I feel comfortable with him. He is a nice man, he is never harmful. We did hangout for couple of months and he also hangout with our friends in the office. He change his lifestyle I bet since the day I came.He is just trying to cope up with whats happening on the present because he is stuck in his past. A past that made him lonely.

After hanging out with him, I drive the car to reach in the apartment we stayed. I think I am little drunk but I still have to get home. But I failed bringing myself home I bumped into a post where that caused damage into my car and my whole life.

They bring me to the hospital because I bumped my forehead in the driving wheel. There are faces that pop into my head, a girl, family, and my wokmate. There are memories of a girl and my workmate. I see happy moments then I collapse.

I wake up and see my American husband so worried at me. I suddenly remember the faces and happy memories of the girl and my workmate then I remembered what my husband told me before our wedding day 2014.

" I saw you under the bridge 3 years ago when I have my vacation in Paris. You broke your leg and your face. I found you breathing but you are nearly dying and I rushed you in the hospital operated your legs and your face. I don't know what you look like before, you were bloody so I have to change the features of your face and the crack in your nose. You've been deep in a comma for 6 months then you wake up with an amnesia. I know someday your memories will be back, I know you'll gonna leave but for now I wanna marry you and own you."

Tears are falling down in my face. I pull my husband and get in his car and I drive to place where my memory is taking me. We stopon a house and see my officemate there with the family that keep on flashing into my mind. I sobbed and my husband realized that my memories are back.

We get out the car and people where astonish to see us. We are strangers for them. Finally my officemate went out, I burst into tears and said " I may not be the same face with the daughter and your girlfriend 5years ago, but I am always the daughter you lost in the bridge in Paris."

Everyone drop their jaw. Staring at me and cried. They approach me, I call them one by one by their names then they hug me. The last to approach is the guy I've been dreaming to be with. I burst into tears as he tried to touch me and said "I've been dreaming of you for how many years, dreaming you to be my wife. I guess that dream will always be a dream, a dream that will never come into reality because somebody else got my dream now."

~END~