Chapter 1

"How did you know your plan would work, Lelouch?" C2 said.  

"I didn't...At least, not completely. I had to add about two extra precautionary measures to ensure checkmate," Lelouch said. 

"We're here," C2 said. 

"Where is here, exactly?" Lelouch said. 

"It's an old farm, run by a even older friend. His name is J2. He is the old leader of the Geass Order. But he faked his death to escape what was coming. I soon left as well," C2 said.

"Why did we come here?" Lelouch said. 

"Because we can hide and lay low until it blows over and they forget us," C2 said.  

"I see. Now, let's go in. After all, we don't want to keep him waiting, now would we?" Lelouch said.

As they walked Lelouch noticed nightmare frames buried under some hay. Then he noticed his and the Lancelot.

When they arrive at the door Lelouch also noticed a Geass symbol carved out of wood hanging above the door. Then C2 opened the door.

When they got inside C2's forehead and Lelouch's hand started to glow in the pitch black darkness. 

"He's close," C2 said. 

"C2! Good to see you again, or rather, I should say hear you," said a raspy, medium-pitch voice from the darkness. 

Then Lelouch noticed a third glow, one smaller than his and C2's. Little by little, it became more apparent that there was a figure in a chair. Then light flooded the room.

It revealed a man. He looked to be around Lelouch's age. He was tall and skinny; with gold blond hair; pale skin; bright blue eyes; and an eye patch on his right eye, with holes small enough to see through, but not big enough to see into. 

"Now I can say it's nice to see you, 'C2 the Witch'...And I guess makes you 'Lelouch the Demon'... I am J2," J2 said. "I guess that is correct, now, isn't it?"

"Those are the names the world and history have bestowed us, are they not Lelouch?" C2 said. 

"I suppose they are," Lelouch said. 

"Now, let's stop the chatter. We came here to see if you would let us stay here for a while," C2 said. 

"...Fine. BUT, only on the condition that you work for me... And Lelouch needs a new name," J2 said. 

"Fine, how about R2? Does that work?" Lelouch said. 

"Just fine," J2 said. 

"R2 sounds nice," C2 said. 

"Yes. Lelouch, you, who have been reborn through Geass, from this point on, will be known as R2," J2 said.

Then R2 gave a devilish grin.

********************************

              Five Years Later             

A man barges in. He is dressed in a gray, mail, suit-like outfit. He ran straight for Zero, who is standing guard outside of Nunnally's bedroom.

Then the man whispers a message close to his ear, then walks away. Not long after he leaves, Zero slips inside her room. He gently shakes her awake. 

"What is it, Suzaku?" Nunnally said.

Just then he took off the helmet bent over and whispered. 

"We found him..."