As the world falls down

Friday morning everything was set in place Jareth had kept the king company ever since he had arrived "Juliette it's finally today!!" Valda sighed dreamily as she held on to her gown "yes you are correct" I nodded disinterestedly as I flipped thru parchments and parchments about Royal management.

 "Oh, Juliette put those things down for a minute" Oili ordered as she tried to snatch the parchment away from my hands " nice try" I stated only sparing a glance at the frustrated girls "why are you so boring?!?" Alissa chimed up "Girls I would love to fantasise about the ball but I have this to learn...." I spoke moving on to the next text "Ughhh.....Come on sisters lets get ready!" Valda spoke defiantly as she took both of her sisters hands "have fun" I mumbled just as she slammed the door.

6:30 the clock chimed and just in queue a hoard of goblins stormed in "Juliette why haven't you started to get ready?!?" One of them asked worriedly "Guess I got distracted" I shrugged "no time to loose then miss!!" Pulling my hands they dragged me to my dressing room.

9:30 half an hour late but the work the goblins made me look  beautiful......while some of them adjusted my gown the others fixed my hair and things alike "You must go now Miss"  ushered me forward, nodding my head I stood up and headed down the ballroom bracing myself for whatever awaited me inside.

Music echoed as I stood before the oak doors, hesitation made stop in my tracks "Come on get over yourself" I scolded myself "it's just a simple ball thats all" adjusting the gowns skirt I took a deep breath before nodding my head one last time.

"Now or never" pushing both doors open the music didn't seem to stop, taking a step forward I stare in wonder at the scene "my lady would you allow me this dance" a man in a mask questioned, yet I payed him no mind my gaze fixated on Jareth....he wore a black coat with diamonds and his hair was as wild as ever "Miss?" the unknown man insisted, taking my eyes of Jareth I broke eye contact turning to the man before me "yes that would be lovely" Placing my hand onto his.

The ballroom was crowded fae's drinking dancing and enjoying themselves "if you don't mind me asking, why haven't I seen you before?" the man spoke up his eyes staring into my unfocused ones "well thats because tonight is my naming" I stated, a surprised expression crossed his face.

"Ah so you are the future royal advisor?" he asked "yes I am" I nodded my eyes searching for Jareth who had been long lost in the crowd "and what is your name if Im so fortunate to know" he questioned as he twirled me around, smirking at his question I answer his question "Thats for me to know and you to find out" rolling his eyes Jareth reappeared on the other side of the room a smirk spread upon his face  as if he heard my previous words "well since I won't  know your name let me tell you mine, Valentine" he introduced himself "pleasure to be your acquaintance" I nodded  "now if you'll excuse me" Taking a small bow I walk away and begin to wonder around the room. 

Jareth's POV

The masquerade ball was going wonderfully, Fae's from all realms seemed to be having the time of their lives "Jareth...dance with me" one of the female fae tried to sound seductive as she spoke into my ear, hearing the doors push open my head snaps in that direction "Juliette" she looked breathtaking but seeing a man approach her made my blood boil "excuse me" moving away from the swarm of women my eyes never leave Juliette 's "and what is your name if Im so fortunate to know" the man asked as he twirled her in his arms  "Thats for me to know and you to find out" smirking at Juliette's words watch her excuse herself before she began her search for me.

Staring from afar I notice how her eyes kept searching for me....Or a known face at least, choosing to stay hidden from Juliette's sight I began to wonder the ballroom myself, my eyes trained upon her lost figure as we played this game of hide and seek. 

Standing behind a feathered fan I know Juliette stands behind it, the woman next to me seemed to notice my eagerness to see her and so she pulled the fan down. Staring into her deep green eyes no words seemed to be necessary, placing one arm on her waist and taking one of her hands in mine we both moved to the sound of the music each of us entranced in each other "Between the stars. I'll leave my love Between the stars" the words left my lips as I sang  "As the pain sweeps through, Makes no sense for you" she sang along, her voice as enchanting as a sirens "Every thrill is gone. Wasn't too much fun at all, But I'll be there for you-ou-ou As the world falls down" bringing her body closer to mine we continued to sing "Falling....As the world falls down........Falling............As the world falls down.......Falling........Falling........Falling..........Falling in love" we both sang, staring down at her lips I noticed her staring at mine caressing her cheek with one hand I crashed my lips upon hers sealing the love we both knew we felt but were to stubborn to reveal.