Part 1

Enjoy lads!

"Eren Jaeger, you were requested to head immediately to the Scouting Legion headquarters for you titan experiment ordered by Commander Hanji Zoe," a soldier ordered him curtly with the deep voice of his.

Eren then did his salute to the man then shouted, "Yes sir!" with his deep, strong voice. As the soldier began to run away, he stared at him. He then let out a sigh. Boy, he had been waiting for this time. To avenge his mother, to avenge humanity...and to get back their freedom...to explore what's beyond the walls. He had been dreaming for that ever since everything started. He had been focused on his goals and he will not miss any chance.

He dreamed of avenging humanity ever since he was a child, however, his passion grew stronger when her mother died during the attack of the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan on Zhiganshina District. He couldn't do anything that time, let alone Hannes, who ended up with his knees shaking when he saw the titan's face, even though he's a soldier. He promised that one day, he would wipe out all the titans, and explore the world that he has not yet seen.

Just then, cold fingertips suddenly touched his fingers. The cold sensation seemed like to walk down his spine. He then turned his head towards the person and ended up seeing Mikasa. "Mikasa?" he uttered.

Mikasa was somewhat shocked to see him react that way. She then fixed her posture and let go of his arm. She then shyly covered her face with her red scarf and had a hesitating look on her face.

"E-Eren...don't you think..." her eyes lingered, she didn't look at his eyes, neither his body, "...don't you think it's still early for you to undergo through the titan experiment?"

"Wha-? Mikasa? What are you talking about?" his voice grew a bit strong. His brows furrowed, as he went closer towards Mikasa, whom just stepped back so their faces will not get too close.

"Umm...I think it's still early for you to undergo through that experiment...since well, you just came out from the care," her meek voice kind of annoyed him, "...so I think you can't just undergo through something rough or-"

"Mikasa...!" he then said. His voice, he uses the same whenever he gets angry with her but this time, it was serious; it was dark and low. "Stop acting as though you're my mother. She's dead. And why don't you think that I'm doing this huh?" he told her with his deep, dark voice. He then stepped forward and trapped Mikasa on the wall with his arms on the side of her head.

"I'm sor-"

"No you're not!" this time, he snapped. Her meek voice, her concerned face, it just annoyed him. He doesn't like seeing her looking so weak, so vulnerable. He just wants her to be like Annie, whom he admired, and he doesn't know if he likes her already. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't need your care anymore?" he snarled in front of her face.

Though it didn't look like it, something ached inside of her. She usually feels it, but this time, it's the worst. There's a lump on her throat, threatening to spill, so she bit her lip to let it in. His eyes, it raged with anger, which she hated to see. It sometimes scared her, and sometimes, it hurt her.

"I...understand," it was all she could say. "I'm sorry Eren..." she managed to spill out.

She looked heartbroken by all that he said. Her eyes lost its attractive shine, and turned into a gloomy one. Her face has become pale; it has lost its rosy cheeks also. Her red scarf covered her chin. He couldn't see her glossy lips, but he's sure, it turned paler than usual.

"I think...I better go now."

Mikasa then avoided his gaze, then walked silently. None of them said anything. The clicking of her boots echoed through the aisle when she got farther. Somehow, he felt bad about all that he said. He felt like apologizing.

"Mi..."he hesitated. He let out a groan, annoyed because of his hesitation. "Mikasa! Wait!" he shouted through the corridor. She turned around, her expression didn't change.

"You're going to be late now, Eren." She told him, her voice still the same, but he could still feel it, there's some sadness about it. She then gave him the warm smile she rarely uses, then she headed down to her business.

He tightened his fists. Because somehow, he couldn't even say something to her. He couldn't even...apologize.

She was in a corner between two buildings, her arms wrapped around her knees. She doesn't like being weak. But in some way, she couldn't help it. This was the first time she has done something like this. She wondered why she felt so bad about earlier even though it's not the first time he did something like this to her?

"Mikasa?" a familiar voice called out to her.

Jean?

"Oi, Mikasa. What are you doing in there all alone?" Jean called out again. This time, he decided to walk towards her.

No...please don't.

She pleaded inside her head. How could she tell him about why is she here? How could she explain to him about what happened to her earlier.

Make excuses.

She thought about that. But she couldn't even think about it. She couldn't process something in her head to make a convincing excuse.

She then felt Jean's hand on her shoulders. She couldn't help but to look up at him. His amber-brown eyes possessed curiosity and a bit concern; and she knows, it will get stronger a little later, when she shows weakness. Because why? Why can't she even one single excuse? She couldn't anything but keep her mouth shut.

She avoided his gaze. He let go of her shoulder. He then held her hand arm and tried to push her gently.

"Mikasa, stand up," he told her. He tugged at the sleeves of her shirt.

Willingly, Mikasa stood up without complaining or what, which made Jean even more curious and concerned.

"Hey, Mikasa, tell me what's wrong."

She did not say anything. Just keep with it...

"Oi Mikasa. Do you hear me?"

He'll get...

He tightened his grip on her arm. "Oi Mikasa...!"

...tired of it soon.

"Oi Mikasa!" he then slightly shouted. "It's because of that asshole again, right?" Hearing the word 'asshole' showed Eren on her mind.

The look on her eyes assured him that it's Eren again.

His amber-brown eyes now raged with annoyance. "Ne, Mikasa, I know you like him. I only know a little a bit about your past, but I think it's a big deal for you to stick to him like that. But don't you think, he's being harsh to you already?" he suppressed the anger in his voice now.

"..."

"I heard Eren shouting earlier and I paid it no attention, but I never thought it was you. I'm not the type of person whom is just barging in...but..."

Should I speak up? Because I'll feel better...but that will cause him trouble.