Chapter 3 - Going to Hell... I mean school

- Amy -

_ 7:45 am, Monday, 28th September, 2016 _

The school bus came to a halt, signalling that we arrived at our destination... Hell - I MEAN School. Yea, school. Of course, Brianna the b*tch would get off the bus first. And fortunately, the bus driver didn't check if all the students were off the bus or not. He just went down for a coffee break. Time to put my plan in action.

I waited until everyone got off the bus, then grabbed my Sharpie. I took a quick look around and almost had a heart attack!! A student I've never seen before sat on a seats few rows away from mine. He wore a black hoodie and pants... But what puzzled me the most was his mask. He wore a royal blue mask with 2 eye holes. Only. Nothing but just 2 empty, black sockets. (( A/N: See what I did there? No? Nevermind )) The first thing I did was scream.

Thoughts were swimming through my head I thought that my mind was going to blow up from overdrive. Who the heck is he?! My plan is ruined! Am I going to die? Why is he here!? Who is- wait, I thought of that already. Will he tell others? Did I complete all my homework?

BUT.. I just said a very flattering " UHHH.." The stranger didn't reply... But he looks... Familiar?! Why would I know him?! But he's so familiar.. SOOOOOOOO familiar...

" Who are you? Nevermind that, why are you here? " I ranted stupidly. He just stared at me, tilting his head slightly to the side causing his auburn hair to fall into his eyes- err... Mask. An awkward silence settled.

" Ok, whatever. Just stay there-" I got cut off by a husky voice.

" You're Amy Snow.. Right? " he asked and I stared at him, dumbstruck. What the hell?!

" Yes, in fact I am. Now, why are you here? " I ask.

" Why are YOU here? " he asks and I cross my arms.

" Look, just answer the question. I am running out of time and I might be busted. Ok? Also, I asked YOU first so YOU have to answer me first!! " He chuckles at my long-windeness and I just wait.

" I can't be here? " He asks, almost mocking.

" No, but then you can't tell anybody a thing you see! Understood? " I tried to sound firm, and somehow I felt like I could trust the secrets of the world with him. A stranger. God, what's happening to me?! He meekly nods and I smile. " What's your name? " I ask and he replies with the word " Jack. But you can call me EJ ".

" Oh! " I smile, " That's the name of my boyfriend..." I trail off, not continuing because he's a stranger... AND I don't need another person thinking I am crazy.

" That's nice." He says and leans back onto the chair. I just shrug and say: " I hope you don't tell anyone.. And that you don't hate me.."

" Why would I? " He replies. " I am surprised YOU don't hate ME. "

" Who would hate you..? " I ask, giggling.

He looked down and I could sense hat he was sad. " You don't think I am a freak..? " he whispers. I burst out laughing.

" You.. You are anything but a freak..! " I start, looking at his face- err... Mask. " You are who you are... And nobody can convince you otherwise. A freak is a name given, but it isn't yours. Freaks are not freaks... They are just different in their own unique way.. And that's a good thing! If you're a freak, then I am a freak too, ok? We'll be freaks together.." I finished and just hugged him in a comforting way.

Jesus, Amy Snow, what happened to not trusting strangers!? And now you're hugging one!! But, he's nice I guess. He looked up and his mask moved a bit, as if he were smiling.