Chapter 6

I had completed Aqua Gym and water volley along with some poolside cooking classes and finally it was time for lunch. I hadn't seen Mark and his friend yet, he had been on my mind all day. I grabbed my sunglasses and slid them over my eyes, headin towards the theatre for a bite to eat. As I walked to catch the others I heard my name,

"Maria!" I quickly turned, instantly knowing it was Mark. He ran slowly towards me.

"Hello again," my face beamed as he stood before me, his swim shorts diverting my eyesight until he spoke again.

"So this is my friend..." he turned waiting for the other guy to catch up. He came and stood next to Mark and shook my hand.

"I'm Gary," he gave me a brief smile. I nodded at him.

"Hola Gary, welcome to Spain's number one resort!" I smiled and I could see Mark was desparate for Gary's approval.

"Thanks. I'll leave you guys to it, I'm going to lay my towel down." He smiled at me again and headed off.

"Alright mate." Mark then turned back to me. "So do you have any other time off?" He lowered his eyeline.

"Urmmm, I have tonight off actually, but other than that only Fridays!" I suddenly saw Luca coming up behind Mark from a distance.

"Well how about a meal, tonight?" He now couldn't stop making eye contact with me.

"Hmm okay sure, where to?" If he said here then notthing at all could happen between us, not that anything would...

"I'll surprise you, just meet me in the lobby, 5?" He beamed at me.

"I will be there, adios Mark!" I smiled and turned away before he kissed me again, because at this point Luca had caught up. I walked and talked with him to lunch, preparing to say goodbye to my best friend.

At 4 I was stood by the small car that was to take Ruben home to Mexico.

"I will call you as soon as I am home and will be back to Spain as soon as possible, I promise!" He pulled me into a tight hug.

"Be safe Ruben, thank you for everything, I love you so much." I had started to cry.

"You are the bestest friend I have ever had Maria, stay safe and keep me posted on this man," we laughed and pulled out the hug. He kissed my cheek and got in the car, waving me goodbye. I couldn't stop crying and all the other entertainers had to keep working, but I had now been given the evening off. I wandered back into the lobby to collect my phone and go back to my room, but I was once again greeted by Mark.

"Are you ok?" He walked up to me with concern in his eyes.

"I will be, Ruben just left.." I burst out again at which point he gave me a hug, a hug warm with embrace and feeling.

"Look, tonight, you don't have to come out!" He pulled away, his hands still on my arms. "I'll walk you to your room." He smiled and gestured for me to walk alongside him.

"Where's Gary?" I asked, confused as to why he was alone again.

"With his girlfriend, he surprised her with a ticket yesterday.." he sounded angry by this.

"Oh... I see," I didn't know what to say. As we walked we talked about Spain and how beautiful it was, until we got to my room.

"Well I hope you feel better for work tomorrow!" He smiled, slipping off his sunglasses.

"Do you want to come in?" I couldn't control what I was saying. Did I really just ask?

"Urm ok, sure," he followed behind me, now removing his hat too, leaving him in a baggy vest, swim shorts and flip flops. He was gorgeous. "It's a really small room!" He inspected every part before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I know, I don't spend much time here so it doesn't need to be big." I poured us both a glass of water, placed it on the table and perched beside him, slipping my shoes off.

'"Do you have a boyfriend, I mean if you don't mind me asking-"

"No," I laughed. "I left him to work here, Spain was more important and he wouldn't move here so I found a job and left."

"Wow, that's brave! But I mean I see why, here is perfect." We sat in silence for a minute, just gazing at each other. I broke the silence becauee it felt awkward, I wanted him to kiss me.

"Yeah Spain is just, wow, you should see Mexico now that's-"

"Shhh..." he began to lean in, his lips touched mine as I closed my eyes, his soft lips against mine, gently moving. He pulled away and smiled at me, suddenly then realising what he had done. "I am so sorry!" He stood up and grabbed his hat. "I should-"

"No, please stay, I liked it." He turned back around and quickly came towards me, repeating what he had just done but with more passion. I pushed him down onto the bed and he rolled on top of me, still maintaining the passion. We kept going, until we were in our underwear, at which point we decided I pulled away.

"I have been holding all that in, because Maria, I really like you!"