Prologue

"Daddy... daddy are you here?" I yell through the house. When he didn't answer I took that as a no and dropped my bag at the door before closing and locking it. I kicked my shoes off and took them up to my room. Dropping them off at the door, I proceeded to change into a black spaghetti strap and some black legging and then went back downstairs to find something to eat.

I'm always starving when I get home from school practice or not. I settled for some cheese fries and a cheeseburger. I got to work putting the frozen fries in some grease, then seasoning the ground beef that was in the fridge. I formed the burger and dropped it in the skillet making it sizzle. Once I had them both going I went in the living room and turned the TV on flipping through the channels. I stopped to go flip my burger and check my fries.

"Mmm I wonder if daddy want some." I wondered aloud. As I reach for my phone his face popped on the screen. "hello"

"Hey baby I'll be home in about 15 20 minutes " he said through the phone. He sounded out of breath, but I assumed he was running or playing basketball with his friends.

"Okay umm do you want some hamburger and fries?"

"No thanks baby girl ."

"Alright see you later"

"Okay"

"Alright I love you"

"Love you too daddy"

"Alright" he said before I hung up. I flipped my burger again and took my fries out to drain the grease. I went back in the living room to flip through the channels some more and I stopped at a volleyball game.

"OHHHHH, good dig, Block it BLOCK IT, she hitting line Ohhhhh I told you." I yelled at the tv. I had to force myself to look away from the game so I can go get my burger and fries. I took my plate in the living room table. Then I went back and grabbed a bottle of water. I got comfy and started eating and watching the game. I continued to yell at the team. I ran in the kitchen to put my plate in the kitchen. Once the games ended I grabbed my water and went to my room to do homework.

As soon as my foot touched the last stair I heard the door open.

"Beep Beep beep front door open" said the alarm system.

"Daddy " I yelled running up and hugging him

"Hey baby how was school??"

"Good I'm bout to run up stairs and do some homework now"

"Alright go do that"

"Alright I got you dad" I ran upstairs and laid on my bed with my bookbag next to me.

****

"DADDY" I yelled walking down the stairs