Three

Raina hugged her mother, holding her tight. She didn't know when she'd see her again. Most of her life she'd dreamed about marrying a man and leaving her parents home but now that the day had come she didn't want to let go.

"You must be strong, princess.  Anthos is your home now." Her mother said letting her go. Rain took a step back and looked at her father.

He nodded at her. "This kingdom will miss you but you are better placed among the Anthosin."

Raina stared at him and felt her anger boil. She was his child. She'd loved him for all of her life, but that was all he could manage to say to her. Raina wanted to strike out at him, but as her mother had said she was a princess. Princess were expected to behave a certain way.

Raina bowed her head. "Thank you father." She turned to her mother. "Goodbye mother."

Tear swelled up in her eyes but she held them back. No matter what she would not let them see her cry.

Raina turned to see her brother and sister approaching. The twins were equally matched in beauty. They shared the same honey colored eyes and toffee colored skin. Her brother Rimy was tall and lean. He walked with the confidence of a warrior. Ryana, her sister stood only two inches shorter than their brother. Her slim body was elegantly curved in all the right places.  She was a kind as she was beautiful. Growing up with the two of them it was no surprise Raina had her insecurities.

Rimy's eyes flicked to the man standing behind her. There was a sudden tension in the air. Raina felt Zulo tense behind her. He was the one who left scarred her brother's otherwise perfect body.  He kept the scar covered but Raina knew it still troubled him. She couldn't imagine what it must be like for her brother to have to see Zulo like this again.

Rimy looked back at his sister. There was a bit of darkness in his eyes but he quickly covered it up with a smile.

"Congratulations, Raina." Her brother.

"You looked beautiful, today. I doubt there has ever been a more perfect bride." Ryana said. She could tell from the honesty in her sister's eyes she meant it.

"Thank you. I'm glad you both were there." Raina said smiling back at them.  They had to know that she been forced into the wedding, but they were all putting on a façade. As children of the king and queen they knew how to play the role.

"I will miss you both." Raina said meaning it. They might have been annoying in their perfection but Raina loved both of her siblings.

Ryana stepped forward and hugged her sister. "Do not worry my dear sister. Soon you will be with child and that will keep you more than busy."

Raina knew that her sister words were meant to cheer her up but they only made it worse. Tonight she would be expected to bed the man she now called husband. She felt a shiver of fear run down her back as she thought of herself draped across the a bed waiting for him to have his way with her.

Ryana let go of her sister and soon her brother took her place in front of Raina. He looked down at his sister and smiled.

"Be good little sister." Rimy said. He bent down and kissed her cheek.  "Write me if something goes wrong. I will come for you no matter what." He whispered in her ear.

Raina heard a slight growl coming from behind her. She pulled back and stared at her husband. His eyes were on Rimy.  She wondered if he had heard what Rimy said but that was impossible.

"Come now, wife. We do not have much time. We must leave soon." Zulo said taking her hand.

Raina pulled away and glared at him. "You are taking me from my family. At least have the decency to wait while I say my farewells." She snapped.

"Raina." Her father scolded. It was not proper for a woman to talk to her husband like that.

Raina looked back at her father. Her chest heated with so much anger she felt it almost possible to breath fire. She didn't care about propriety at this point. Just because she'd been forced into the situation didn't mean she had to like it. To hell with him and what he thought of her. He didn't care about her anyway. That much was clear now.

Calm down, little one.  I did not mean to upset you. Say your goodbyes now, but then we must go. I am your family now and I am taking you home. The voice whispered in Raina's head.

Raina looked back at Zulo. The voice had to belong to him but she couldn't explain why she was hearing it. His eyes looked on hers. She thought his light brown eyes almost looked gold.

"Raina." He mother called.

Raina broke eye contact and turned back to her mother. She looked at each one of their faces. The anger she felt slowly faded back into sadness. She didn't want to leave them. They weren't a perfect family but they were the only home she'd ever know.

"Goodbye." Raina said.

Raina turned her back to them. She knew if she looked at them any longer she'd break down and cry.

Zulo grabbed her hand. "Come." He said. His tone was sharp but his hold was gentle. His thumb stroked the back of her hand as if to reassure her. Without another choice Raina followed him out of the palace and into carriage that waited for them.

Zulo sat across from her. He looked back at Rain.

"Do not be afraid Raina. I told your parents I would not harm you and I am a man of my word." Zulo said.

"Are you? A man that is? The rumors would beg to differ." Raina said. Her tone was bitter. She blamed him for this. Of all the things to demand for peace why did her hand in marriage have to be one.

Zulo's jaw cliched as he glared at her. Her words had struck a nerve. Raina stared back at him unconcerned by his feelings. So what if he was upset, that made two of them.

Zulo's expression changed as he leaned forward. He smirked. There was something dangerously captivating about his eyes that wouldn't let her look away.

"You doubt my manhood? You won't after tonight. After I'm done with you princess, there won't be a shred of doubt left in your mind. You'll know the answer to your question for sure."

Raina shifted back. Her heart racing in her chest. She'd been stupid to forget who she was dealing with. She feared what he might do to her tonight but she feared the thing inside her that drew her to the dark prince even more.