00

jimin had only just arrived back from the gym when he found the first balloon floating outside of his apartment door, the only thing holding it down was a small piece of square plastic.

he was confused of course, but even so he unlocked his door and tugged the balloon inside. he through his keys on the counter top and placed the balloon just next to it, glaring at the red oval full of air.

after a minute or so of staring at a distance, jimin decided to take a step closer when he noticed a thin line in the middle of the balloon that went from the bottom to the middle and then a small rectangular shape coming from it.

jimin's confusion heightened when he realised that on the top of the balloon, in small writing, it said 'open me' in marker pen.

the orange-haired boy took a step back weighing out his options. one, he could pop the balloon and end up winning the lottery or, two, it could be a tiny bomb that would blow up in his face.

jimin, being the curious person he is, goes for option one because- well, he's always wanted to know what it would feel like to win the lottery. also because jimin knows (hopes) that he hasn't done anything wrong to someone for them to send a balloon with a bomb inside.

the only thing that comes to mind was in high school when he made namjoon trip over in front of (barely) the whole school in the cafeteria because he forgot to slide his bag under the table after he sat down but he didn't think that would be enough for namjoon to want him dead or at least badly injured. plus, they're far past the incident and have both been one of eachothers closest friends for years.

so after picking his keys back up from the counter, jimin walks back over to the balloon. he gaps the balloon at the bottom before aiming his key at the top and starts to press down.

the balloon pops no longer than a minute later (jimin definitely didn't cower and squeal like a little girl) and all that's left is a stick rooting from the bottom with a folded piece of paper attached to it.

jimin takes the paper from the top and drops the rest to the floor before opening the piece of paper and reading it out loud.

you are so beautiful that you give the sun a reason to shine.
- jk

"what?"

well this definitely wasn't one of the options.