Chapter 24: Unleashed

Hey guys! You're awesome for continuing to support this novel week through week! :) This chapter is short and sweet but super important so I decided to do an early upload for all of you lovely people! Also, if you didnt know, I usually upload ONCE A WEEK (but sometimes twice like now)! 

Soundtrack Song & Side Bar-> photo!

Love you all to the moon and back! xo

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Chapter 24: Unleashed

Adam’s POV:

            I hurtled through the thick underbrush closest to Ivy’s street before plowing straight toward her familiar front door. At this point I didn’t care if I was being completely reckless by exposing my nature to a human settlement point. My wolf and I were on the same page for the first time in what felt like ages.

            A vicious snarl slid its way up my tight throat and through my lips as I followed a mysterious scent around the back of the house. Trembling with anticipation, I lumbered up Ivory’s back porch until I came face-to-face with her blown open back doors. Another deadly snarl ripped through me as I gazed down at the broken glass and countless footsteps scattered across the living room.

            What the hell happened here? I grounded out mentally as I slowly began stalking into the room. Pushing myself to take a deep inhale, I scowled again as I realized the mysterious scent seemed to only grow stronger. However, I soon came to the devastating realization that Ivory’s comforting scent was faint, which meant she was no longer around. The wolf within me began to twist and turn due to the growing tension pumping through my limbs. I was being pulled in two different directions as I hungered to find my mate but also, to get revenge on those responsible for taking her.

            ADAM! ADAM? Sia’s voice finally flooded through my mind as I allowed my heavily guarded mental walls to fall.

            I couldn’t find the words to reply as snarls and growls continued to rip through my mouth. Sia had definitely caught on to my dangerous mood because her calls abruptly silenced.

            I stalked carefully through Ivy’s scattered home, continuing to pick up the odd scent. There was no indication of any sort of unfamiliar presence other than the faint scent. Though, if I thought about it, the only person who would cause Ivy harm and go to such extreme lengths would be… Hudson. I could just imagine how insane he’d gone when Ivy rejected him and fled. I didn’t need any more confirmation than that as my muscles trembled with rage before shooting me back out of Ivy’s shattered back entrance.

            I was on a full-force maddening sprint by the time I noticed Sia, Hugh and Ray blast through the forest beside me. I snarled automatically as they began trailing behind me. I hoped for their sake that they didn’t have any intention to try and stop me.

            Soaring over to Hudson’s took hardly any time at all due to the immense surge of adrenaline pumping through me. After jumping over countless logs and crossing wide stretches of land, the four of us managed to explode straight out into Hudson’s territory. Also, Sia seemed to come prepared as she whipped a pair of faded jeans toward me so I could morph. Then, together, we all slipped into the clearing.