1. Ah Yes Mild Emotional Trauma Great Way To Start Off The Book

Frank already hated the new home.

It was smaller than the last one, and there were less kids, sure; but the kids were horribly noisy, and the women who ran the new home were barely tolerable.

Alyssa was tall and gave Frank a look that old teachers usually gave him when he walked into their classrooms with his piercings and skinny jeans and rebellious attitude. Frank immediately didn't like her, despite how cool her blue hair looked.

Jen was more tolerable, she had complemented his Black Flag shirt when he was brought in with his things and had a septum piercing so Frank could write her off as the cooler and more likable of the two.

In all honesty, Frank couldn't see many problems with the home, but he still couldn't stand it, because it was his fifth home and every home was always worse than the last.

The only solace he could find in this new hell was his headphones and the fact that he had snagged a top bunk in the boy's room.

There were a few kids that tried to introduce themselves, but Frank needed at least eight days or more (usually) to let any bit of his pretentious attitude aside to allow someone to talk to him. And with each word the kids said, he just turned up his music louder and pretended to be mute so that they would leave him alone.

Sure, it was dick-ish, but Frank didn't want to start a fight his first day, which had happened before: jackass kid stole his ring, and he was out of the home before he had even been there forty-eight hours.

His ring was all he had left of his parents, and it was the only thing that he still had from the old house.

There was a vague voice calling the kids to dinner, and Frank's mind said no, you'll stay here and be an angsty bitch, but his stomach had different plans. So he paused his iPod, which wasn't technically even his, as he had stolen it from a girl from his last home with good music taste. She hadn't noticed, as she was too distracted with the little bags of cocaine she had thought nobody knew about.

He made his way down from the bunk, following the other kids to the dining room, and taking a seat next to a little girl with big blue eyes and long Auburn hair pulled into a fancy braid. Dinner was pasta, and with Frank being the Italian asshole he was, he was pretty content with the choice.

The room was silent as everyone ate, everyone eating as though they hadn't seen food in weeks. There were eleven people in total at the table, five girls and four boys with Frank for the kids, with Jen and Alyssa at each end of the table making it eleven. Once everyone had finished, Jen tapped her fork against her glass, catching the attention of the kids at the table.

"Guys, we've got a new kid here," She gestured to Frank. "this is Frank, everyone be nice to him while he's here. Frank, if you could introduce yourself to the kids?" She gave him a smile and Frank decided that he might as well try not to be an arrogant bastard at the table on his first day.

"I, uh, my name is Frank Iero. I'm sixteen, I like music, and, uh, I'm not very interesting." There was a kid across the table with big lips and a forehead to match who snickered a little at that, but it seemed kind-hearted, so Frank let it slide.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" The little girl next to him asked, eyes wide and curious.

"I like Black Flag, Misfits, uh, punky stuff." He offered the girl a half smile, which gained a huge grin from her.

"Black Flag? You're racist." A boy who looked to be the most jackassy kid in the fifth grade said, making Frank bite his tongue to refrain from saying, "and you're a bitch." in response.

"Alex, stop; it's a band. I play it sometimes during leisure." Jen said, eyeing the kid with a stern look that was enough to shut him up.